+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Hardware Thread, HP LaserJet P2055DN's going offline and not responding in Technical; Very much appreciated. Thanks ZeroHour...

Thank Post
    Very much appreciated. Thanks ZeroHour

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hows everyone getting on with the firmware? made any difference?

Thank Post
    Reg fix for window 7. This corrected this problem with all our printers doing this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows NT\Printers]
    "EnabledProtocols"=hex(b):06,00,00,00,00,00,00 ,00

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Hi
    I have PM'ed you the details. Good luck!
    Hi, I've got the exact issue here aswell.
    ZeroHour- can you PM the details for the firmware?

Much appreciated!
    Joe

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joematthews View Post
    Hi, I've got the exact issue here aswell.
    ZeroHour- can you PM the details for the firmware?

Much appreciated!
    Joe
    Sent.

Could anyone who has it possibly report their findings?

Thank Post
    Just an update the firmware fixed the issues we were having, thanks again Zerohour

Thank Post
    Looking at ordering about 5 of these printers, 2 of these were specific requests from users who though it would meet their needs well. Stumbled across this thread and needless to say became a little concerned. Are the printers worth purchasing if the Beta firmware fixes them, or is there a similar printer out there that anyone would recommend as an alternative to the P2055DN?

Thank Post
    had no problems with them at all.

edit: I lie.

one of them was doing something really strange, the users described it as printing one behind. i think you printed something. nothing came out or all but 1 page came out. and then another user printed something and your last page came out. tbh I'm not entirerly sure, one of the technicians fixed, maybe the duplex was confusing with 1 sided printing? was probably a driver issue. i recently moved all the print queues to a new server with the latest HP universal driver for every single printer, and haven't had any problems since. maybe with lots of different drivers there are identically named but different version dlls that can cause problems? any way I'm rambling.

peace.
    Last edited by oxide54; 9th November 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide54 View Post
    had no problems with them at all.

edit: I lie.

one of them was doing something really strange, the users described it as printing one behind. i think you printed something. nothing came out or all but 1 page came out. and then another user printed something and your last page came out. tbh I'm not entirerly sure, one of the technicians fixed, maybe the duplex was confusing with 1 sided printing? was probably a driver issue. i recently moved all the print queues to a new server with the latest HP universal driver for every single printer, and haven't had any problems since. maybe with lots of different drivers there are identically named but different version dlls that can cause problems? any way I'm rambling.

peace.
    Spooky, the exact same thing happened on one of our HP LJ2055 printers for the first time today...power cycle cured it.

ZeroHour:
    After monitoring the printers since upgrading with the BETA firmware you kindly sent me, i would say (99%) it has cured the offline problem.Thanks again.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MYK-IT View Post
    Spooky, the exact same thing happened on one of our HP LJ2055 printers for the first time today...power cycle cured it.
    of course we never thought of or tried power cycling it. maybe you have a link to a youtube video explaining how this done.?

preferably by a 12 year old, with no concept of lighting or camera angles. and it must start of with "hello youtube, its your boy ____ aka ____ aka ____ aka _____ , now in my last video _______ "

Thank Post
    Has anybody got a definite working solution for this?? We have 4 of these printers and they all do the same thing, as described by oxide54. Users send documents to print and what comes out is the document printed by the previous person i.e. working one behind.
    I have updated the firmware to the 8th March 2010 version (latest on the HP site) and also loaded the latest drivers. Following from what I've read above I have just made sure SNMP is disabled and have disabled the duplex printing option.
    Is there anything else I should do? Is this beta firmware that people are talking about newer than the one I have??

Any help is appreciated

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    Has anybody got a definite working solution for this?? We have 4 of these printers and they all do the same thing, as described by oxide54. Users send documents to print and what comes out is the document printed by the previous person i.e. working one behind.
    I have updated the firmware to the 8th March 2010 version (latest on the HP site) and also loaded the latest drivers. Following from what I've read above I have just made sure SNMP is disabled and have disabled the duplex printing option.
    Is there anything else I should do? Is this beta firmware that people are talking about newer than the one I have??

Any help is appreciated
    Hi
    I dont know if the beta firmware will fix that but I have seen this issue before and I am sure when we switched types of driver (aka from PCL->PS or the other way round) it fixed it. Basically I think they job gets stuck in the printers memory. Oh actually while I think about it are you using separator pages?

Thank Post
    Hi ZeroHour, no not using a seperator page. We are however using the PCL driver. Do you think switching to PS will cure this? I was confused as to wether the beta firmware was newer than what I have?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    Hi ZeroHour, no not using a seperator page. We are however using the PCL driver. Do you think switching to PS will cure this? I was confused as to wether the beta firmware was newer than what I have?

Cheers
    The beta firmware will probably be newer but I think only in the sense it fixes the offline bug. I would def try switching to PS and see how it goes for a couple of test prints.

Thank Post
    @ZeroHour - Could you PM me the information to get the Beta Firmware? I went ahead and ordered 5 of these and I'm going to get them all updated before I put them out into the work environment to hopefully avoid the offline issue all together. I'll be sure to update later whether we do/don't have any issues with it.

I'd also like to add that this thread has been very helpful in researching this product. Makes me think this is a forum to stick around.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast