+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Hardware Thread, HP LaserJet P2055DN's going offline and not responding in Technical; Originally Posted by bossman @flyinghaggis: When you installed these onto the network did you setup a HP TCP/IP port or ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @flyinghaggis:

When you installed these onto the network did you setup a HP TCP/IP port or just a generic TCP/IP port before installing the printers?
    Most of the printers on our print server (Windows Server 2008) are setup as generic TCP/IP ports (with a couple as WSD ports). All of the affected HP's are generic TCP/IP though.
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 28th August 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Thank Post
    if you guys wanna try it the latest and greatest firmware version off HP is here to get

Download the rel.paris-IR5254-20090430.acl firmware file from the below ftp link.

FTP Access: ftp://p2055han:hang@hprc.external.hp.com/

See a few posts above for the command to install it.

Thank Post
    Only 5 of our machines were not on 20090430 already so I doubt the firmware is going to help in my case either. We already had HP Web Jetadmin on the server so I used that to deploy the firmware over the network.

Thank Post
    This is exactly the reason why I have stopped buying HP as we have loads of very rubbish HP2015n!!!

Guess its the same with the 2055... probably the same problem with the rubbish formatter boards

Thank Post
    any updates guys? I've got two of these printers that keep going offline randomly. I have updated the firmware - did not fix it. Doubt it's the network, our old HP printers work fine.

About to reinstall the HP drivers, someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the full software works fine for them. these printers are printers drive me crazy

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    any updates guys? I've got two of these printers that keep going offline randomly. I have updated the firmware - did not fix it. Doubt it's the network, our old HP printers work fine.

About to reinstall the HP drivers, someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the full software works fine for them. these printers are printers drive me crazy
    It's only a week since we updated the firmware on our machines but no problems as yet.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    It's only a week since we updated the firmware on our machines but no problems as yet.
    Thats good to hear. How did you set them up over network? We just unboxed, plugged them into LAN, printed out network config which gave us the ips, and added them to our computers via ip (driver only, from CD)... and have updated the firmware since.

Printers are still constanly going offline randomly. After I updated firmware they worked fine for about an hour, and then back to the old randomness of not working majority of the time.

Thank Post
    Thats good to hear. How did you set them up over network? We just unboxed, plugged them into LAN, printed out network config which gave us the ips, and added them to our computers via ip (driver only, from CD)... and have updated the firmware since.

Printers are still constanly going offline randomly. After I updated firmware they worked fine for about an hour, and then back to the old randomness of not working majority of the time.
    We plugged our printers in and then used the network config report to identify the DHCP address we could access the web interface on. Each machine was then switched to 'Manual' configuration mode and given a fixed IP address. We have each printer installed on our 2003 server using those IP ports but I manually added the .inf driver file rather than using the setup wizard on the CD. The driver we are using was the latest one available from the HP site as the CD's tend to be boxed months before you buy the printer. Our client terminals are running Citrix and picking up the printer from the 2003 server.

I'll not be convinced our problem has cleared for good until I've had a few months clear running.

Thank Post
    Hi guy's

Not sure if this will help or not but I have had this same issue on most (if not all) of the 2055's we have here. I found going onto the W2k3 print server and disabling SNMP on the printer port properties stops it going offline.

Easy fix if it helps.

Thank Post
    updated firmware and drivers = no issues since. silly hp printers

Thank Post
    updated firmware and drivers = no issues since. silly hp printers
    Yep still no problems here either, long may it continue!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 803 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Which drivers/firmware you guys all using?

Cheers

Thank Post
    I'm using the HP universal print driver.. don't seem to have any probs with this.

AIT
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    We've recently purchased a batch of HP Laserjet P2055DN printers and they all seem to be sufferering from the same issue. After being left on for a seemingly random amount of time their state goes to offline? When in this state they wont respond on the network at all and you can't even ping them The traditional IT Crowd fix of 'turning it off and on again' seem to be the only way to kick them back into life.
    No other models of printer have been affected by this AFAIK. The previous laserjet P2015N's we've bought used to this this aswell but generally only once every 2-3 months so it wasnt really a problem but the P2055's seem to be doing it a couple of times a day

We're on the latest version of the firmware so I'm just away to raise a support call with HP regarding the fault. We've got a spare one in our office which Im away to setup and leave sitting on the network so we can track down whether it's a print job/ queue / driver issue or a hardware/network problem.

Has anyone else had any similar problems with this model?
    we had this problem they required a firmware update.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Which drivers/firmware you guys all using?

Cheers
    The PCL6 driver for the P2055.

Firmware date code 20090430.

The above were both the latest available in September and I was told by HP on the phone that the firmware would fix it as the issue was known to them. If you have a lot of networked printers to update then you can push the firmware out with HP Web Jetadmin. Touch wood no more problems to report

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast