+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Hardware Thread, HP LaserJet P2055DN's going offline and not responding in Technical; Hi all: It seems I've reached the right place to solve this weird problem, at least!. I have 6 of ...

Thank Post
    Hi all:

It seems I've reached the right place to solve this weird problem, at least!. I have 6 of this printers and the have been experiencing this issue one after another.

As many of you have resolved it by installing new firmware, I'd like to try too

So please ZeroHour, could I have a copy of that new firmware?. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Could I also get the new firmware - the HP website still doesn't seem to have it. I have two printers that are behaving much like everyone else despite the fact that the worked for over a year and then both started acting up on the same day. Has anyone figured out what causes the problem to appear (I've read folks think it's network traffic of some type)

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    First of all, thx for the firmware link. Next monday i'll try it on 3 of the 6 printers and, if it works, on all of them.

Meanwhile, i've got a solution that, at least, keeps the user satisfied: set a ping to the printer with the -t modifier, so it's receiving a "wake up" every second. Not a final solution but it works!

Ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 811 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmonsalve View Post
    First of all, thx for the firmware link. Next monday i'll try it on 3 of the 6 printers and, if it works, on all of them.

Meanwhile, i've got a solution that, at least, keeps the user satisfied: set a ping to the printer with the -t modifier, so it's receiving a "wake up" every second. Not a final solution but it works!

Ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t
    Hi
    That (ping -t) was what we used to help diagnose with HP and sadly it didnt prevent the problem occurring for us.

Thank Post
    Goodmorning everyone,

Upon checking issues with this printer i noticed this thread. As a friend of mine is about to purchase one off these en will look upon me for getting it to work, i wonder if the latest officially release firmware fixed this issue or that i will need the beta firmware.
    If i still require the beta, may i please have the DL link.

Thank you in advance!

Thank Post
    Hi all!

I have solved the problem with my printer on my network (Laserjet p2055dn, fixed ip). The problem was, that I've assigned an IP address, that was already taken by another device, namely by a switch. As a result of the conflicting IP addresses, some jobs were printing, some weren't. Because of the conflicting IP address, the printer was showing exactly the same symptoms as many had described earlier. The problem was not evident in the beginning, because I could ping the IP address, but as a matter of fact, all the time I was pinging a different device listening on the same address. I have changed the firmware to beta, but don't know if it changed anything or not. After changing the IP address, the web-interface is working and no more freezes in the print queue.

Good luck

Thank Post
    Hi, stumbled across this while Google this problem with the 2055's. Does this beta firmware fix the problem. At the moment they are running firmware 20100308. If the beta firmware will make this headache go away please will someone send it too me.

Thanks

Thank Post

Firmware

ZeroHour, Please can you send me a link to the download of the Beta firmware, I am experiencing the same problem even though this is a brand new printer using the latest version of firware listed on the HP website

Thank Post
    Could someone please provide me, the Beta link, too. I have a 2015dn with the same issue, and I just came across this forum.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Surely HP must by now realise there is a problem and release and official firmware upgrade?!

Thank Post
    ZeroHour, Please can you send me a link to the download of the Beta firmware, I am experiencing the same problem with two new printers. One about a month old and one brand new out of the box. I have tried using the latest version of firware listed on the HP website. Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    The problem is so bad now, my computers freeze up on the "Intel" logo screen upon startup (which I have to do after the printer goes offline)
    . I swapped computers and the same problem happened with the second computer. The computer starts up fine the next day without the printer connected. If I leave the printer disconnected I don't have any issues at all. Bizarre. I'm getting ready to return these!!

Thank Post

In need of firmware

Hello ZeroHour,

Any chance of sending me the download link of this beta-firmware. I've been having troubles since a couples of weeks now, starting after the change to the latest publicly released firmware.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Eric

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 811 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A batch of PM's will be going to to you all in the next 30 mins.

Thank Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm facing the same issue as you all do. I just installed firmware version 20101025 a few minutes ago. To be able to compare this one with the beta firmware I would like to ask you for a copy of the beta as well.

ZeroHour, would you be so kind? :-)

Thanks in advance.
    Daniel

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread