+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Hardware Thread, HP LaserJet P2055DN's going offline and not responding in Technical; Zerohour, Can you please email me the download link of the beta firmware also?...

Thank Post
    Zerohour,
    Can you please email me the download link of the beta firmware also?
    Last edited by sal-keiz; 2nd March 2011 at 10:41 PM.

ajg

Thank Post
    Hi

We are also having this problem of P2055dn's going offline on a regular basis, any chance of the link for this beta firnware, thanks.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have sent out another batch of links to you all (I think all) which should work
    Let me know if you have problems or dont get a PM from me.

Thank Post
    We have loads of 2055dn's, and every one of them works brilliantly. In printer properties, see if disabling SNMP makes any difference.

We have all of ours networked, and given static addresses on their own address range. I don't think we've had a single issue with any of them, ever.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    We have loads of 2055dn's, and every one of them works brilliantly. In printer properties, see if disabling SNMP makes any difference.

We have all of ours networked, and given static addresses on their own address range. I don't think we've had a single issue with any of them, ever.
    Your a lucky one then

Thank Post
    I didn't mean to sound all smug, but I seriously never realised anyone had ever had a problem with these. However, I do get the same issue with HP 1320.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    I didn't mean to sound all smug, but I seriously never realised anyone had ever had a problem with these. However, I do get the same issue with HP 1320.
    My theory is its to do with a networked device sending a packet that effects the 2055's and they dont handle the exception properly. We got the fixed firmware after we sent HP wireshark logs of traffic and I suspect they spotted the crashing packet.

Thank Post
    I've just had a customer call in with this exact failure, ZeroHour do you still have the beta firmware link available? Thanks!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore3301 View Post
    I've just had a customer call in with this exact failure, ZeroHour do you still have the beta firmware link available? Thanks!
    Sent

Thank Post
    New(ish) firmware on HPs website, dated 13th December 2010. Anyone tried it?

HP LaserJet P2055 Printer series*-* HP LaserJet Firmware Update Utility - HP Business Support Center (P2055dn)

On a side note, im getting another weird problem with these printers.
    Every so often when a print is sent, nothing happens, when you try to print later, the previous document comes out instead? Switching on/off sorts it out, tried replacing the drivers on our print server but no joy.
    Last edited by Frazer; 14th March 2011 at 09:40 AM.

Thank Post
    Need to get back to you on this, the issue is more about network settings/print server than the printer itself...

I am guessing you are all publishing these printers within AD???

Thank Post
    Hey

Any chance of the beta firmware ZeroHour

Many thanks

Thank Post

Need the beta firmware

ZeroHour can I get the beta firmware link also. We have about 120 P2055's that have been in place for a little over a year and absolutly no issues, then Thursday last week users started calling saying they cannot print. We find the printers in error state on the print server and cannot ping them, or web to them and have to power cycle them to get them back on line. Now we are seeing the issue everyday. I just don't understand how they can work a year and then all of them start having issues at the same time and continue to have issues. Nothing has changed on the print servers, network, printers, etc. We do use Cerner EMR primarly for printing, but cannot see how that would have affected them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rbance View Post
    Need to get back to you on this, the issue is more about network settings/print server than the printer itself...

I am guessing you are all publishing these printers within AD???
    In our situation, no they are not published. Trust me when I say I tried every combination of setting including enabling the onboard firewall to prevent other issues and nothing but the firmware worked.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrogg View Post
    ZeroHour can I get the beta firmware link also. We have about 120 P2055's that have been in place for a little over a year and absolutly no issues, then Thursday last week users started calling saying they cannot print. We find the printers in error state on the print server and cannot ping them, or web to them and have to power cycle them to get them back on line. Now we are seeing the issue everyday. I just don't understand how they can work a year and then all of them start having issues at the same time and continue to have issues. Nothing has changed on the print servers, network, printers, etc. We do use Cerner EMR primarly for printing, but cannot see how that would have affected them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank
    This fits with the theory its a device/bad packet. We dont know what does the packet but it could be an old pc/new pc/new device but when the problem comes it comes on mass.

PM being sent out soon.

Thank Post
    This has recently become a problem for me too. We have a few 2055dn's and at least one has started to show these symptoms. Within less than 5 minutes of being powered on it will go offline and stop responding until restarted. I have updated the firmware on our 2055dn that is having problems from v.37.10.sd to v.37.12.ir6508 and saw no change in the symptoms.
    I have tried some of the other mentioned fixes as well: shortening the timeout period, disabling SNMP, disabling IPV6. None of this seemed to fix the issue either.
    I would like to try this new firmware as well. I'll try anything that may fix this!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread