+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Promethean Activexpression in Technical; Anyone had any experience of them? I think they look kinda cool, but something looking cool and being any good ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Promethean Activexpression

Anyone had any experience of them?

I think they look kinda cool, but something looking cool and being any good in the classroom are 2 different things.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi Little-Miss,

We have them in all of our classrooms and the teachers would actually die without them.

Not only do they have an excellent range of software already built in but lots more is made available online all the time.
    Note on installation:- They normally come with a USB connection which is fine if the host computer is within 5 meters of the board, if it's going to be more than that then it's probably best to use a serial connection.

Rich

Thank Post
    Depends how light fingered the kids are and whether the teachers are able to keep the pens locked away. I love the promethean software, it's brilliant, it's just the problems with pens going missing, the board is useless without!
    That's where i find the smartboards a little better, because even without the pens you can still write on them.

Thank Post
    If its a choice between ActivExpression and ActiVote I'd go for the Expression devices - they allow much more flexibility where as with the ActiVote your pretty much stuck with multiple choice or true/false answers. I had wondered whether the ActivExpression wouild suit younger pupils due to the mobile style text input but there is so much more on offer than text input with these things such as sliding scales, fully labeled answers on screen etc - with ActiVote they just choose their answers and get no feedback or prompting from the device. ActivInspire also integrates very well with ActivExpression, the whole voting setup had been a bit clunky with previous software versions.

We brought Activote devices and no one really bothers to use them, I think that'd be different with Expression though.
    Last edited by Jamman960; 4th June 2009 at 09:05 AM.

Thank Post
    I'd be interested to see if anyone has used this (software only) voting system and if so what are their opinions? I've tried it myself and it seems ok if a little limited.

What I'd like to see is a voting system that allows pupils to use bluetooth mobile phones - they could send text or even video! Might as well use those powerful mobiles most of them seem to have...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, well i've sent for a 30 day trial of Smarts version Senceo or something like that! So im gonna see what they're like! Willl let you know!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 783 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Threadnomancy!

Got a school looking to grab the full set of ActivExpression dongly things and wondered if anyone in the meantime has had a play with them yet?
    Trying to find a school in the Northants area that is using them and wouldn't mind being contacted to discuss them or better yet come and have a nosey and see them in use

Cheers!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol!

my 30 day trial never turned up in the end so cant help you. Would also like to know myself.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread