+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Canon a470 in Technical; Heads up, these a470s are fantastic little cameras, fantastic quality pics, Argos are giving the away at £50. I have ...
    Thank Post

Canon a470

Heads up, these a470s are fantastic little cameras, fantastic quality pics, Argos are giving the away at £50. I have bought 12 for school and one for myself. Why? How about this pic.

This has been resized down to a 500kb file from an 4mb and is at a far lower resolution. The original is very much better. This from a camera that costs about the same as the bag I put my 50D in. It also takes great quality video in AVI format and supports SDHC. It has a tilt sensor and face recognition. You can also hack it with CHDK A470 - CHDK Wiki to make it do all sorts of fun stuff, like shooting in raw.

Really this is a bargain, and even has a DIGIC III Processor! The same as a 450d SLR.

Thank Post
    Canon PowerShot A470 Specs, Digital Camera Reviews on CNET UK

Features

* 7.1 Megapixels
    * 3.4x optical zoom
    * 14 easy to use shooting modes
    * 2.5" LCD screen
    * Motion Detection Technology
    * Face Detection Technology
    * Red-Eye Correction
    * DIGIC III and iSAPS
    * VGA and LP movies
    * Powered by AA batteries

Point, shoot and share.

The PowerShot A470 is available in four attractive colours - choose from Silver, Red, Blue and Green.

7.1 Megapixels
    A 7.1 Megapixel sensor produces sharp high quality photos, enabling large prints and detailed crops.

3.4x optical zoom
    A 3.4x optical zoom lens gives you the flexibility to frame as you want, up close or from a distance. It combines with digital zoom for up to 14x magnification.

Shooting Modes and Special Scenes
    14 shooting modes include Special Scenes like Sunset, Portrait and Kids & Pets, which make it easy to get great results in common shooting situations. My Colors in-camera photo effects such as Black & White can be applied during shooting.

Motion Detection Technology
    Motion Detection Technology works to eliminate blur by compensating for subject motion and camera-shake. Part of High ISO Auto, the intelligent system uses various inputs such as Face Detection Technology and information about scene brightness to achieve blur-free images, and maximise image quality.

Face Detection Technology
    Face Detection Technology ensures superb people shots by automatically setting optimum focus, exposure, flash and white balance. Face Select and Track lets you choose and track your primary subject, so you never lose a special face in the crowd.

Red-Eye Correction
    Red-Eye Correction quickly and easily removes red-eye in camera. It can be set to remove red-eye automatically as you shoot or in playback mode, making it simple to achieve natural looking eyes even when using the flash.

DIGIC III and iSAPS
    Canon's DIGIC III processor provides lightning quick responses and superb image quality. iSAPS technology uses shooting scene data to optimise camera settings even before a shot is taken, so you’re free to concentrate on capturing the moment.

2.5" LCD screen
    The bright 2.5" LCD screen is ideal for easy group viewing. Night Display mode aids visibility in low light while a selectable Grid Line display helps with composition.

Movie Options
    Movie modes include Long Play (LP) for VGA (20fps) clips that use half the normal memory card space.

Conveniently powered by AA-batteries
    The PowerShot A470 is powered by affordable, widely available AA batteries, ensuring that you can keep shooting for as long as you want to.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    these a470s are fantastic little cameras
    I second that - we got some a year or so ago with Tesco vouchers and they've been doing good service on a daily basis. The video the camera shoots is perfectly good quality (640 X 480) and can be edited with Windows Movie Maker, no messing around with codecs. Remember to budget for a 4GB SD card and four rechargable AA batteries per camera, as well as one decent battery charger per two cameras, then you're ready to go.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    I don't like spiders.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrforgetful View Post
    I don't like spiders.
    I like turtles?

Thank Post
    How about one of my dogs?

Out doors photos do show up the limitations of the camera, and low light work is not the greatest. But even so, when compared to other £50 cameras, it does do well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread