+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HDD Testing Software in Technical; I'm in the process of sorting out all the utilities that we use at work and trying to find more ...
    richard_s

HDD Testing Software

I'm in the process of sorting out all the utilities that we use at work and trying to find more versatile products where I can. The thing is we have a whole load of hdd testing packages which seem to work with varying degrees of success but I would like to find one package ideally that I can use with all makes of drives. If you could let me know what you use I would be very grateful, hell I might even thank you for the info

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_s View Post
    I'm in the process of sorting out all the utilities that we use at work and trying to find more versatile products where I can. The thing is we have a whole load of hdd testing packages which seem to work with varying degrees of success but I would like to find one package ideally that I can use with all makes of drives. If you could let me know what you use I would be very grateful, hell I might even thank you for the info
    Download the Ultimate Boot CD

Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

All the diagnostics gear for things such as memory and hard drives that you could need all in one handy bootable disk. Seatools for DOS covers most hard drives and then the ones for other manufacturers are on there to.

3. Thanks to Fridge from:

Thank Post
    HI

Have a look at Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp. its got links to the most used hard drive testing programs. I have burn them to cd's and when I get a hard drive go I use the correct one.

Richard

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 1,340 Posts
    Buy yourself a copy of pc check for a complete diagnostic suite.

Eurosoft UK: PC hardware diagnostics, diagnostic solutions

Ben

Thank Post
    SpinRite (GRC|Hard drive data recovery software), in maintenance mode will check for problems, and in repair mode fix them too! Very good product, I've used it serveral times to recover data from drives that just sat there clicking and could not be booted from!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Download the Ultimate Boot CD

Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

All the diagnostics gear for things such as memory and hard drives that you could need all in one handy bootable disk. Seatools for DOS covers most hard drives and then the ones for other manufacturers are on there to.
    I use this since I've always found the manufacturers tool is best, and if you're making a warranty claim that's what they'll expect you to use.

However don't leave copies lying arround. You can also use this disk for clearing local admin passwords and wiping harddrives.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    I use this since I've always found the manufacturers tool is best, and if you're making a warranty claim that's what they'll expect you to use.

However don't leave copies lying arround. You can also use this disk for clearing local admin passwords and wiping harddrives.

Yeah it has lots of handy features on it most of which have had a use at some time or another.

richard_s
    We do use the manufacturers own tools but there are times when we find them a bit inconsistent with their results.
    Last edited by richard_s; 8th May 2009 at 11:33 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread