+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Universal Power Supplies in Technical; Hi, I need some help regarding buying replacement power supplies for laptops because teachers keep losing them or breaking them ...

Thank Post

Universal Power Supplies

Hi,

I need some help regarding buying replacement power supplies for laptops because teachers keep losing them or breaking them (god knows what they do with them). Am I right in thinking that you just need to make sure that the replacement adapter can supply the required wattage (and also not forgetting that the plug fits the laptop)? Does the voltage/current have to be the same too? We buy most of our equipment from Misco but are there any other suppliers you guys would recommend for these power adapters.

Thanks for your help

Thank Post
    www.psaparts.com are where Misco get most of theirs from so have a nose there for yourself first.

We've used Laptop Parts & Batteries, Notebook Spares for Dell, Acer, Compaq, Sony, HP, Fujitsu, Asus Laptop Notebook UK in the past also.

Finally, I always watch the Voltage and Amp'age as I don't recall seeing Wattage mentioned outside of the HP range of devices.

3. 4 Thanks to kmount:

leco (13th April 2009), nephilim (13th April 2009), reprised (13th April 2009), Sylv3r (13th April 2009)

Thank Post
    That's useful info to have, thanks Kim

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    www.psaparts.com are where Misco get most of theirs from so have a nose there for yourself first.

We've used Laptop Parts & Batteries, Notebook Spares for Dell, Acer, Compaq, Sony, HP, Fujitsu, Asus Laptop Notebook UK in the past also.

Finally, I always watch the Voltage and Amp'age as I don't recall seeing Wattage mentioned outside of the HP range of devices.
    Thanks i'll check them out.

Thank Post
    Hey no problem.

Always worth keeping at least 1 variable power supply around too so you can adjust the output / modular connector to fit almost any laptop. - Exercise caution with them though especially if lending them out as someone turning the dial up to max could nuke the laptop.

Nonetheless, VERY handy to have in stock.

Thank Post
    Volts MUST be identical (smoke may ensue if not).

As long as the power supply can provide AT LEAST the same Amperage it will be OK. If expressed as Watts, then the same applies, a 50W power supply will run anything up to 50W. It will not hurt if the PSU has a higher figure for W or A.

8. 2 Thanks to Andrew_C:

kmount (13th April 2009), reprised (13th April 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post

As long as the power supply can provide AT LEAST the same Amperage it will be OK. If expressed as Watts, then the same applies, a 50W power supply will run anything up to 50W. It will not hurt if the PSU has a higher figure for W or A.
    Cheers.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post

Thanks for the warning- wouldn't want to fry a teacher now

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reprised View Post
    Hi,

I need some help regarding buying replacement power supplies for laptops because teachers keep losing them or breaking them (god knows what they do with them). Am I right in thinking that you just need to make sure that the replacement adapter can supply the required wattage (and also not forgetting that the plug fits the laptop)? Does the voltage/current have to be the same too? We buy most of our equipment from Misco but are there any other suppliers you guys would recommend for these power adapters.

Thanks for your help
    Hi Reprised,

As a Official sponsor of Edugeek and a supplier who can provide you with the power supplies you require, we would glady provide you with a quotation that will beat misco's pricing,
    If you would like to pm me your details and requirements I will crack on this morning and have a quotation for you shortly,

Look forward to hearing from you,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread