Quote Originally Posted by link470 View Post
Alright guys let me just start by saying this is not at all a serious or urgent request haha! Get to the others on here who actually have a major issue with their network they're stressing over and help them first. This is more for fun.

So here's the deal. I've got 3 more servers I'm implementing at my personal server room I use for hosting and my own apps and testing. I really like lights, like, I'm a huge fan of LED's and colours etc. I've worked with rounded LED's before and soldered them in place of boring old faded green LED's, and replaced them with superbrite blue's, greens, etc. What I'd like to do is replace the small LED's you see on for example, RAID cards that send the light up the plastic tubes to the front of a hard drive tray, or the small LED's that are soldered right onto the small board with the power/reset button at the front of some servers, with status LED's etc. in some servers like the front of a Dell Poweredge 2400 or an IBM XServer 226 etc. Is it possible to switch out these LED's since they're so small, and how would I go about doing that? Anyone know the specific type of LED's I need? If it's not worth it and will be more than 20 bucks, I'm not gonna do it, but if it's super simple, I wouldn't mind. I found a website like superbriteleds.com or something similar the other day that had something that LOOKED like the small LED's on those boards, but they're WAY more expensive each, like 8 bucks per LED as opposed to 50 cents per LED. So I may not do it if they're that expensive. But the thing is I'm naming the 3 servers Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, so I'd like to switch all the LED's to Red, Blue, and Green. [comon, you KNOW that would look freakin rad when you walk into the server room with the lights off].

Thanks guys!

Take care.
nice thread sir..