+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Overhead Projector Maintenance Contracts in Technical; Does anyone out there have an ongoing maintenance contract with a service agent/supplier to maintain their overhead projectors? We do ...
    Thank Post

Overhead Projector Maintenance Contracts

Does anyone out there have an ongoing maintenance contract with a service agent/supplier to maintain their overhead projectors?

We do all of the 'normal' maintenance on ours (clean filters, lenses, blow dust out etc...), but quite a few are starting to get the 'burn-in' pink edges around the screen and need to be professionally maintained or repaired. They are mostly out of warranty.

Nearly all of our projectors are the orange or silver Sanyo type.

Any details or suggestions welcomed.

Thanks - Andrew

Thank Post
    My school is currently thinking along the same lines, so would be interested in any replies.

Thank Post
    If your starting to get pink or yellowish images it usually means the blue LCD panel is deteriorating and if the warranty has run out might be time to start thinking about replacing the projectors.
    There are a few companies online that will repair/service Sanyo projectors. The only downside is you have to send the projectors off by courier. The good ones will investigate any problems for free.

Would probably be more cost effective to put the cost of servicing towards a new projector.
    Replacement lamps are about 250 new projector about 350 - 400, I like Epson projectors as they do a 3 year lamp warranty for education.

Good Luck With It

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John_P View Post
    I like Epson projectors as they do a 3 year lamp warranty for education.
    Do they replace the bulb when it reaches the end of its lfe?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_P View Post
    There are a few companies online that will repair/service Sanyo projectors. The only downside is you have to send the projectors off by courier. The good ones will investigate any problems for free.
    Any names/web addresses of companies you have used or had quotes from please?

Andrew

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    To be honest I think if you looked at maintenance costs vs new projectors, they're going to be very similar. Problem is, a maintenance company are most likely not going to replace the projector...
    It isn't too difficult to replace the bulb on most projectors. As already mentioned, simply look for the projectors with the longest warranty period. Some manufacturers do have Education Warranty deals too.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adhutton View Post
    Any names/web addresses of companies you have used or had quotes from please?

Andrew
    I used a company called T.P. Matrix LTD who were listed on the Sanyo web site as recommended service agents for Sanyo projectors.

T.P. Matrix Ltd TP Matrix Limited | TP Matrix Tel: 0161-626-4067

They repaired and serviced the projector and its still working well now

8. Thanks to John_P from:

adhutton (1st April 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Do they replace the bulb when it reaches the end of its lfe?
    Epson will send someone out usually the next day to replace the lamp if it fails within the 3 year warranty period. I have noticed with epson you don't always get a brand new Lamp but cant fault their service.

I also have 3 year Lamp warranty with Sahara Projectors, but have had problems with their customer service often delays in sending out replacement Lamps but they do replace faulty lamps with brand new lamps.

Thank Post
    If you are looking for replacement projectors then I would definitely look at the warranties offered and make sure they are manufacturer backed warranties and not just ones offered by that particular company. I would also remember that if you are claiming on a lamp warranty the manufacturers expect you to maintain and regularly service your projectors.

As for maintenance I would look at a pre-preventative maintenance package regardless of whether you replace the projectors or not. You can get pakages that range from standard bi annual cleaning of projectors to fully serviced packages that include service and call out charges.

Decent AV suppliers should be able to tailor a package to suit your specific needs dependant on the number of units you have and their useage. We always build maintenance packages around the needs of our customers.

You should contact your AV supplier who should be able to talk you through this and the options available to you.

Thank Post
    We have a company called "TechClean" Computer Cleaning Services | Computer Room Cleaning from Techclean who come out and clean all the projectors for us, they are originally a computer cleaning firm, but they do the projectors too.

They provide us with a sheet, on which is written the lamp/bulb hours etc, which gives us an idea about when they will require replacing. I would think that anything that goes wrong is either 1) replace the bulb, or 2) replace the projector.

12. Thanks to User3204 from:

adhutton (8th April 2009)

Thank Post
    There are different types of contracts out there but as previous people have mentioned, in general Projectors are not covered as this would reflect on the price in which case nobody would go for them. What schools do need to think about is making sure the Projector is claeaned at least once a tear in which case both the lamp and colour wheel in the unit would last longer. Some companies charge for carrying out an initial site survey as this can be time consuming going around all the rooms. In our contracts it is up to the school to buy the Projector or lamp of which is discounted if they take up the contract although we do the de/ reinstall and supply the bracket at our cost if required obviously each unit has a clean aswell. This keeps the contrat price to a minimum and makes things easy. I am not sure how other companies work though.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Phil

Thank Post
    Projector service is a cwmbran (Wales) based compant with depots around the country we offer a range of maintenance and service options including optical cleaning as well as a replacement lamp install service. All engineers have a enhanced CRB check

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread