+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Who is unfortunate enougth to have a storevault? in Technical; Old news I know NetApp kills off StoreVault • The Register here are some rants NetApp Communities: New versions of ...
    Thank Post

Who is unfortunate enougth to have a storevault?

Old news I know NetApp kills off StoreVault • The Register

here are some rants NetApp Communities: New versions of S-Family when?

I have had this for less than a year and I cannot ever use it as intended for Windows 2008, Netapp have simply shafted me for 5,200 quid. I am pretty miffed and I will have to explain to the head as to why 5 grand has effectivly gone into a black hole.

Thank Post

Netapp have come through

I feel I need to post an update, at the time of posting I was a little miffed at what I thought was my hanging high and dry.

After a few months of going back and forth, and a lot of work done behind the scenes from Alan Synott and Tom Hatton, we have found a resolution. The Storevault is never going to work in win2k8 Native mode however they have offered me an FAS 2020 with a 90% discount. which I can afford even with this years tight budget. The FAS has more usefull features that I can utilise and I get to keep the old storevault.

It is a pity that the storevault has a shorter than expected lifespan and it is still a very good NAS that I would reccomend, just as long as you dont go beyond a windows 2003 domain.

Those two guys have bent over backwards to sort me out and I can now look forward to implimenting a 2k8 domain.

Rock on

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread