+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Buy laser printer in Technical; Originally Posted by dgsmith That printer is still more economical than the Hp CP3505 though (by a much smaller margin ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    That printer is still more economical than the Hp CP3505 though (by a much smaller margin now, but still a little cheaper), as you can get the 12k carts cheaper than 2x 6k cartridges. Bear in mind your quoted 620 will be high capacity cartridges, so would be cheaper than the HP if compared like-for-like with the 6k cartridges.

In saying that, we have a 5450 on contract hire from LnL so may look to replace it shortly as I agree that it is becoming expensive to run, so may look towards the newer 5650EN model, which has fanstastic economy for what it is! We still have a few 5430 printers which are even worse!
    Hmm yes you are right they are 12k thought they were more like 9k, so it does slightly work out cheaper to run the 5440. We also have our 5440 with LnL who haven't been too bad with toner prices, however now it is just become insane from LnL and other suppliers. To be spending this kind of money every 2-3 months we simply can't afford anymore, we are only a primary school so shouldn't really be needing to spend this amount of money so often on printer running costs.

I too have been looking at LnL's Konica 5650EN offer seems good but what is strange (and probably a typo?) is their toner yield figures they have carts that do 30k. Konica Minolta Magicolor 46xx Print Unit Kit (CYM) A0310NH 322.75 "Yield up to 30,000 pages each @ 5% coverage" 30,000 pages?! They can't be serious.. surely?

Edit: Print Unit Kit? Are these just the fuser/drum for each colour then? lol Thought it was too good to be true!
    Last edited by SteveR; 19th March 2009 at 11:58 AM.

Thank Post
    yes, the print unit is the drum and typically will always be able to last for a longer period then the toners themselves. I did a comparison chart not long ago for our 5430, 5440 and 5650 printers, and the 5650s are definately cheaper by a long margin. From what I gather, LnL have been able to secure good prices on this printer as it is a current model they are giving to schools, whereas the the 54xx series isn't.

We were offered an early upgrade on our 5450 printer to the new 5650 because of the price increases. If you call them up and explain your thoughts, I am sure they would offer this to you as well. The initial cost is around 321 (you get 6k starter carts), which still works out cheaper than the other printer - definately worth it if you have the printer with LnL.

Besides that, the 5650EN is an excellent printer!

Thank Post
    I think i'm going to go with a the Dell 3130CN it is getting very good reviews on print quality and working out the cost per print out it comes in as the cheapest to run at 469 to replace all toner 9k yield.

The Hp CP3505 does seem good however the fact it is end of life puts me off quite a bit, it is also still selling for quite a high price considering it is such an old printer.

The LnL offer is tempting but after weighing things up I feel uneasy about binding ourselves to another 3 year contract with them, our borough also do not like the idea. I have had a phone call or two from LnL in the past where they have been pressuring us into buying more toner from them even when the contract stated we only had to do that for the first 4 times.

Buying a new colour laser printer is a total minefield, it really is!

Thank Post
    TBH buying any ICT equipment is a minefield, whatever you finally decide on someone will say it's no good, they know someone who makes computers, it's two years out of date, the colour's wrong etc etc.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    The Hp CP3505 does seem good however the fact it is end of life puts me off quite a bit, it is also still selling for quite a high price considering it is such an old printer.
    Just a quick question... You say its expensive, but the CP3505 is 214.18 at printerland.co.uk or the network version is 299.47. And 2 years isn't that old I don't think, but that may be because I personally had a HP Laserjet 5 for about 8 years, and it was old when I got it... 2 years is nothing

What prices have you seen for it?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    we quoted 325.00+vat for the CP3505N instock and free delivery! our buy price has gone up slightly!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12