+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Recommend me a scanner please in Technical; Epsons for me please, have used Canons, but they are no good in Art / Design area, they seem too ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts

Re: Recommend me a scanner please

Epsons for me please, have used Canons, but they are no good in Art / Design area, they seem too thin and flimsy for me and some Art / Design book are very heavy, they just don't seem robust enough. I don't like HP scanners, have had them before and they just ain't worth the problems they bring with them, I have always liked my Epson scanners and always will. My fav one is the GT 10000+ (big SCSI based A3 scanner) they are cracking bits of kit, but at over £1000 they are an ikkle bit out of your budget, but you cannot fault them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't use the thin Canons. The mainstream desktop type are fantastic and have features that their similarly priced rivels don't have (film scanners etc).

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box
    I don't use the thin Canons. The mainstream desktop type are fantastic and have features that their similarly priced rivels don't have (film scanners etc).
    I should forget about the film scanning facility in most scanners, unless you're prepared to pay real money. The top-end Minolta Dimage and Nikon Coolscan come to mind. For scanning documents/pictures the Epsons are no bad deal.

richard

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Epsons for me please, have used Canons, but they are no good in Art / Design area, they seem too thin and flimsy for me and some Art / Design book are very heavy, they just don't seem robust enough. I don't like HP scanners, have had them before and they just ain't worth the problems they bring with them, I have always liked my Epson scanners and always will. My fav one is the GT 10000+ (big SCSI based A3 scanner) they are cracking bits of kit, but at over £1000 they are an ikkle bit out of your budget, but you cannot fault them.
    Our geography dept has a GT10000+ and I have to say that iot is a brilliant bit of kit though it is heavy and expensive.

Thank Post

we have got 2 of the epson GT 10000+ and i have to agree with richard and john, they are an amazing piece of kit, they are on the pricey side though, but i would say they are worth it..... very quick also!

Just purchased a HP SCANJET 5530 - and managed to get it working with windows scanner wizard without any need for the HP junk

Also those GT 10000+ with the Scanner Server is awsome. So quick and a great way of sharing in a suite.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts

I dont have them with the Scanner server but know of those that do and they are great with that as well. I have 2, one in Geography and one in Design, but we are using the scanning function on the copiers quite a bit now so that means we have got some more A3 scanners that are quick to access as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12