+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Hp Business Inkjet 1200 in Technical; Hi there, I wonder if anybody can help me. I have two HP Business Inkjet 1200 printers that are both ...

Thank Post

Hp Business Inkjet 1200

Hi there, I wonder if anybody can help me. I have two HP Business Inkjet 1200 printers that are both showing similar problems. One is suggesting that a cartridge has run out when in fact it is a new cartridge and the other is showing a constant paper jam, even though there is non. I have tried a hardware re-set on both of these printers and flashing the latest firmware across but to no avail. Does anybody have any other suggestions as I am reluctant to throw them away as they are both physically fine.

Many thanks, Tim

Thank Post
    The "empty" cartridge may have an expired chip on it or the rubber bulb in the base may be inflexible or deformed inwards which indicates "empty" to the printer also..

As to the paper jam it's like that a sensor is soiled or has a small bit of paper that is hiding somewhere giving off a false reading... A bright flashlight and a keen, patient eye can help there.

3. Thanks to contink from:

TimBasford (4th March 2009)

Thank Post
    Hi there. Thanks for your advice. I tried a new cartridge but to no avail. And Iíve given it a good clean, including print heads but with no success. With regards to the machine with the paper jam, I should have explained that when the printer starts up, pulls a piece of paper half way through and then stops and reports a printer jam. It was this strange behaviour that made me think it was a software problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBasford View Post
    Hi there. Thanks for your advice. I tried a new cartridge but to no avail. And Iíve given it a good clean, including print heads but with no success. With regards to the machine with the paper jam, I should have explained that when the printer starts up, pulls a piece of paper half way through and then stops and reports a printer jam. It was this strange behaviour that made me think it was a software problem.
    Hmm.. Ok, something else to try.. the cartridge issue may be soiled connectors where the chip would connect.

As to the jam... unlikely to be software.. but I'm just throwing in educated guesses at this point...

6. Thanks to contink from:

TimBasford (1st April 2009)

Thank Post
    Hi Tim
    We've got 1200's and they do tend to get "confused". On the paper jam issue (and this might sound dumb) make sure the rear feeder/duplexer is fully secured, make sure it clicks into place - ours was slightly loose and led to a "false jam", see this link...

HP Business Inkjet 1200 Printer series*-* HP Business Inkjet 1200 Printer Series - False Paper Jam - c00448576 - HP Business Support Center
    Last edited by pmumford; 4th March 2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: missing word

8. Thanks to pmumford from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pmumford View Post
    Hi Tim
    We've got 1200's and they do tend to get "confused". On the paper jam issue (and this might sound dumb) make sure the rear feeder/duplexer is fully secured, make sure it clicks into place - ours was slightly loose and led to a "false jam", see this link...

HP Business Inkjet 1200 Printer series*-* HP Business Inkjet 1200 Printer Series - False Paper Jam - c00448576 - HP Business Support Center
    The link sent to Tim is the issue that I am working on. I have two HP Business Inkjet printers under my care and both managed to have the paper sensor popped out of it's clamps. It appears the sensor still works but should be replaced. Has anyone order a replacement sensor? From hP or another company? What part number would I refer to? Many Thanks
    Pete

10. Thanks to Capt_Pete from:

Thank Post
    All my 1200s are no longer working -after several years of service (had about 10) -i've got about 6 remaining 1000s and 1100s

IME once a business inkjet reaches these sort of problems its time to buy a new one rather than spend time/effort/expense of new cartridges and have user disruption

A new K5400dn costs about £100-120 and comes with a bit of ink so the true capital cost is nearer £80

regards Simon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread