+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Activotes on CC3 Network? in Technical; Hi, I'm trying to install an Activote system on an RM CC3 network. I'm logging on as an administrator, and ...
    Thank Post

Question Activotes on CC3 Network?

Hi,

I'm trying to install an Activote system on an RM CC3 network.
    I'm logging on as an administrator, and so far am able to register the deviced in the devices screen, this appears to save and is there every time you enter the devices menu.
    However, when you try to run a session it ignores any deviced being present and appears as if there are none. Also pointing the devices to a .udb doesn't seem to work - Activstudio says that there is no .udb file present even when browsing to the right folder.

I have spoken to Promethean and they seem to this that it is to do with eother the hub or the users having read, write and modify access to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\Device Registration

The entire of the C;\Documents and Settings folder is set to read only as default for all RM users.

Does anyone know where I might be going wrong?

Thanks,

Laura

Thank Post
    Hi mate

we have 3 sets of these and they work fine on our cc3 system.

Have you logged on as a test teacher account and tested them or registered them? If you test it and it does not work it could be a permissions issue with the standard RM staff user as we have cloned that and make a few tweaks but nothing major.

They should work piece of cake, we literally plugged them in it installed the drivers and then we register devices and you are then set. you can unplug and plug it back in and no issues or swapping accounts no issues.

I have checked and we have no special file path rules for this at all.

Try it

Gray

3. Thanks to graywoodford from:

ljlbray (21st May 2009)

Thank Post

user types

Hi Gray,

The devices aren't staying registered with systemadmin, teachertest OR standard user types, promethean thought it may be something to do with the tick in the read only box of the documents and settings filtering down to the device registration folder, but that tick reappears when the user logs off and logs on again, it is a standard setting with the RM CC3 network I think.

We do have the system working on a standalone laptop!

Thnks,

Laura

Thank Post
    *Tries to remember CC3 RMMC* Think you add it as an excluded location under software restrictions somewhere.

Thank Post
    Sorry to bring this up again but we are having a similar problem we are not on a rm network but we do use lanranger. Our problem is you can register all handsets on your computer and they stay registered but the minute the usb hub loses power thatís it so if you reboot or turn the pc off or unplug the hub the machine does not recognise the handsets anymore they are still in the list but they will not work you have to delete them all and start again? if you just do a restart and the centre light stays lit on the activhub you are ok but once the hub has to do its startup where it flashes all its lights you have lost all your hand sets? I have tried this for many users including admin with the same results this is using the new software activinspire but if you use the old active primary they stay registered and work? Also I have noticed any user can delete all the pre registered hand sets which deletes them from every user that has set them up?

Thanks for any help in advance.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread