+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Xerox Phaser 6110 - Anyone using them? in Technical; Trying to find some cheapo colour lasers suitable for light/medium use on a single machine - no need for networking ...

Thank Post

Xerox Phaser 6110 - Anyone using them?

Trying to find some cheapo colour lasers suitable for light/medium use on a single machine - no need for networking or anything fancy, replacing aging underspecced inkjets.

Just looking at the 6110, 87 for the printer and 4x45 for a toner bundle seems to be too good to be true - works out as cheap as anything else at about 9p a page but would solve so many headaches with burning through ink etc.

Anyone using them? Horror stories? Recommendations? Needs to be cheap and cheerful as I'm trying to do 5 offices and 3 small classrooms on a shoestring...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 721 Posts
    Tried these aswell as they were dirt cheap but they have been nothing but hassle.

Sometimes they lock up when printing large documents and stoped working compleatly after only 2 weeks due to the waste toner bottle being full after only 200 copies had been printed. This has happens almost every 200 - 300 sheets. To which xerox say well if its full it need replacing, the problem is?

Also the fuser is at the top where the paper comes out and this gets so hot that in a cold classroom you can see the heat.

3. Thanks to SYSMAN_MK from:

OutToLunch (25th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    we've replaced all our old staff classroom hp deskjets with these and had no problems.

I even bought one for myself at home I liked them so much..

I think you can get them cheaper than 87 now though..

5. Thanks to RabbieBurns from:

OutToLunch (25th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Inc VAT prices for me so about the same - thanks for both opinions, anyone want to tip the deciding vote?

Thank Post
    I have been using the Phaser 6110n for over a year now in my school and they are a nightmare at times. I have found that after a while the print quality gets realy bad and there is no way I have found to clean the printers apart from the standard cleaning with a lint free cloth but that dosn't clean the drum etc so prints are all streaky, I looked into buying new internal for them but that cost more than a whole new printer (go-figure).

As for the waste toner getting full, I just empty them into a sealed bag and clean me and make sure the light sensor part is clean and place them back in the printer, they fill up too fast just to keep buying new ones.

Every so often I think they get lonely and just show a red light on the display which the only way to cure is just open all the compartments and shut them again, I think they crave the attention.

Does anyone know a good cleaning route for this printer or any nice tips/tricks to sort the print quality?

P.S they have gone up in price now but the consumables have gone down

Thank Post
    Not the 6110 but we use the 6180 and its been fine, the only bug bear is the cost of toner at around 500 for a full set of high capacity toners, as a primary school thats killing our budget at the moment.

Thank Post

Xerox Phaser 6110

I bought a Xerox Phaser 6110 about a year ago for personal use. It has worked very well until recently when the original cartridge seemed to be running out - pale patches down one side of the page.

Bearing in mind that most laser printers come with only half full original cartidges, I thought this was pretty good.

Anyway, I replaced the black cartridge, but to my surprise this made no difference. The printer still prints in colour so only the black that has the problem.

I have been advised by the supplier of the replacement cartidge that this indicates a problem with the drum - costing about double of the cost of the whole printer!!!!!!!!!!

Bearing in mind that the printer is claimed to be suitable for use up to over 22000 copies a month, I think I must have got a lemon - but sadly after the warranty has expired.

I really object to printers that have spares that cost more than the whole printer, so watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by OutToLunch View Post
    Trying to find some cheapo colour lasers suitable for light/medium use on a single machine - no need for networking or anything fancy, replacing aging underspecced inkjets.

Just looking at the 6110, 87 for the printer and 4x45 for a toner bundle seems to be too good to be true - works out as cheap as anything else at about 9p a page but would solve so many headaches with burning through ink etc.

Anyone using them? Horror stories? Recommendations? Needs to be cheap and cheerful as I'm trying to do 5 offices and 3 small classrooms on a shoestring...

11. Thanks to veacoker from:

OutToLunch (6th September 2010)

Thank Post

Xerox Phaser 6110: black is faint with vertical banding

I'm sorry to say that you are not alone in experiencing fading and vertical banding when printing black content. Mine was not fixed by replacing the toner cartridge either and it also happened just outside the warranty period. I have found references to others who have had the same trouble. Have you come up with a solution? To replace the imaging unit seems too much like throwing good money after bad...

Quote Originally Posted by veacoker View Post
    I bought a Xerox Phaser 6110 about a year ago for personal use. It has worked very well until recently when the original cartridge seemed to be running out - pale patches down one side of the page.

Bearing in mind that most laser printers come with only half full original cartidges, I thought this was pretty good.

Anyway, I replaced the black cartridge, but to my surprise this made no difference. The printer still prints in colour so only the black that has the problem.

I have been advised by the supplier of the replacement cartidge that this indicates a problem with the drum - costing about double of the cost of the whole printer!!!!!!!!!!

Bearing in mind that the printer is claimed to be suitable for use up to over 22000 copies a month, I think I must have got a lemon - but sadly after the warranty has expired.

I really object to printers that have spares that cost more than the whole printer, so watch out.

Thank Post

same situation...

Quote Originally Posted by ttyork View Post
    I'm sorry to say that you are not alone in experiencing fading and vertical banding when printing black content. Mine was not fixed by replacing the toner cartridge either and it also happened just outside the warranty period. I have found references to others who have had the same trouble. Have you come up with a solution? To replace the imaging unit seems too much like throwing good money after bad...
    I guys. I find myself in the same situation. Smears and fading on black prints and I've replaced the toner with an original new one but no difference.

What did you do in the end? I reckon the printer just needs a good inside clean since I've only done about 2500 pages in two years and don't think the imaging unit should go with such little use.....

Thank Post
    We no longer use the printers here anymore, too much trouble with quality of prints. I have done a deep clean, replaced toner and the imaging unit (at almost cost of a printer for both) and still no better. Good bye 6110, you did me well for awhile. We have now moved to a managed service where B&W prints are 1p~ and colour is 5p~, alot easier to manage costs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread