+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Wireless project- any better now? in Technical; Hi, we have a new school hall, but the donuts who installed the cabling infrastructure only put 1 projector point ...
    Thank Post

Wireless project- any better now?

Hi, we have a new school hall, but the donuts who installed the cabling infrastructure only put 1 projector point at the front of the hall. At present, if we want to control the output to the projector (computer/dvd player) from the back of the hall, we would have to use a long vga cable, or use cat5 with a booster vga system.

Does anyone recommend any sort of wireless adaptor we can connect to the projector, so that we can display presentations and control them from anywhere in the hall? Or a projector with wireless built in? I know video quality will be rubbish over wireless, but assuming it won't be needed for video.

Are wireless projectors worth it? How do they work exactly? Are they improving?

Note that there is also only 1 network point at the front of the hall, next to the 1 vga/rca point...

Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Wireless is fine for PowerPoint's and showing say the Windows built in My Picture slide show that kind of thing, still no good for streaming video, some kit is getting better but really still not good for that stuff.

NEC Display Solutions - NP2150 is a good projector and its wireless is good

Its got 2 VGA inputs so I've had them wired to 2 locations for points, one of them is over cat5 so I just move it round the areas using cat5 and with cat5 to VGA adaptors being less than 50 now its not that expensive to use them now.

In terms of the connection, it varies from make to make I believe, some have software you load on the PC and that then allows it to send to the projector which appears when you browse for wireless devices, if you use Vista it picks up some (such as that NEC) as its got built in support for wireless displays.

Thank Post
    Hi, does anyone have any experience / reviews about these products? I'm looking at getting one in the next few days, to show simple powerpoints wireless to a projector (not video though )

• Edimax WP-S1100 (Supports b/g/n wireless (so has the fastest wireless), although I can't seem to find a place that sells it yet- new product I think)
    • Edimax WP-S1000 (older version, but is availble)
    • Lindy 802.11g Wireless VGA Projector Server

Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread