+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Harsh Environment Projector in Technical; Hi All, Im after a recommendation for a projector replacement in a design&technology room. Basically they have had a WB ...
    Thank Post

Harsh Environment Projector

Hi All,

Im after a recommendation for a projector replacement in a design&technology room. Basically they have had a WB + Proj fitted around 2 years ago (i wasn't working there at the time ) however we've gone through around 3 projectors during this time!
    It would seem although the filters are cleaned daily, and having a new extraction system fitted in the room, the lcd slowly burns out due to dust particles getting inside the projector

What im after is an idea about something that would run in this classroom confortably and would last us around 3+ years without too much trouble (obviously cleaning filters weekly).
    The current projector in situ is an Epson EMP-X5, are there 'harsh environment' kits for these?

ideas please?

Thank Post
    Not sure what the cost would be, but i would think something similar to what you used to get in pubs and clubs. Without the amount of smoking happening in the rooms I would think that these may be more suitable for the type of environment you are talking about.

Thank Post
    Go for a DLP projector instead of LCD. Generally these don't have filters because they don't need them, and tend to last longer. The only drawback is the colour reproduction from a DLP projector can be very poor, although some are better than others so choose carefully!

Thank Post
    I've been buying BenQ projectors lately... not a massiv ename in the projector steaks but they work really well! The projectors are VERY competitively priced and come with decent warranties (3 years - 1st year onsite).

I've got a couple of MP612c projectors (DLP) which are working admirably. If you want a higher res go for the 622c.

Thank Post
    That's interesting. I recommended that we didn't put an IWB in our DT room because of dust but we do have a Hitachi projector. I clean the filters every two weeks and the DT one is the cleanest in that block and the projector gets as much use. We do have a good extraction system though.

Thank Post
    cheers fo the replies so far

i've come accross this one so far -
    EMP-280 Projector
    Apparently good for dusty environments, and seems to be a good price as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread