+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Interactive Tables in Technical; Hello, Whilst at BETT I saw some interactive tables. The one which most interested me used a short throw projector ...

Thank Post

Interactive Tables

Hello,
    Whilst at BETT I saw some interactive tables. The one which most interested me used a short throw projector and an eBeam on a table. Does anyone use them? What are they like?
    I know RM sell this, but is it available anywhere else so I can look at getting the best possible price etc?
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loopylala View Post
    it available anywhere else so I can look at getting the best possible price etc?
    I don't think there's anything difficult involved, you simply go and buy an eBeam (or Mimio, etc), point a projector at a table and away you go. No real reason why you couldn't use an LCD screen in a table with a hole sawn in it, might be cheaper / better than a projector for this use.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Digging up this thread to save starting another.

Have been lucky enough to have 2 schools I look after receive RM Smart Tables. Great bits of kit and they're wonderfully popular with the kids. They're being used in speech/language development parts of the school and so far they're making a great different, just with the literally hands on experience the kids are getting.

From a technical POV they're good fun too, the first time I've had the joy of playing with a multi-touch system (something you wont get from an IWB) and the software with which to create your own/add downloaded resources is easy enough to use for staff to get to grips with immediately. One of my schools was one of the first in the county apparently to get one of these and the staff were practically queuing to have a look. Maybe it's just novelty for them but in seriousness it does look like a great teaching resource, especially in the early development areas.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread