+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, LARGE LCD/Plasma solutions need in Technical; Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on the following. I need to put together ...

Thank Post

LARGE LCD/Plasma solutions need

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on the following.
    I need to put together a solution that combines a large (60"+) display that is mobile. A flatscreen on a trolley with castors seems to be the best way forward. What sort of displays should I be looking at and where do you buy from? Does anyone know of any companies that offer solutions like this as a package rather than me buying a display from one place and a trolley from another. Im not too sure what make of screen to go for. Iv always sworn by Samsung LCD screens but am unsure of the situation with Plasmas and I understand that plasma is the way to go for this type of use.

Would also like some sort of tablet device on a lecturn that stands next to the screen. Touchscreen obviously, so a laptop can be plugged in and then piggybacked through this device and into the display. Anyone got any experience with a setup such as this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    wow, that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me....

can I ask why you're heading down this route....?

Thank Post
    Because the space its used in needs to be very flexible so a fixed projector and screen is out of the question and portable projection solutions always looked very messy to me.

Why do you think it could all go tits up?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    well, with a large screen you risk damage. not only to corners/edges but flat on to the screen.

at least with a project the main damage risk is out of the reach of most students/staff

LCD and plasma with modern display tech aren't much between them - but either are still gonna have issue with screen burn and sensitivity to impact.

I know smart do a number of rearprojection/displays with overlays units..maybe these are slightly more rugged?

As for touchscreeniness (thats a technical term...) why not go for a desktop/laptop and a graphics tablet?

My personal experience has always been if something needs moving and reconfiguring (however small the config may be) - then it won't get used.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ddy View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on the following.
    I need to put together a solution that combines a large (60"+) display that is mobile. A flatscreen on a trolley with castors seems to be the best way forward. What sort of displays should I be looking at and where do you buy from? Does anyone know of any companies that offer solutions like this as a package rather than me buying a display from one place and a trolley from another. Im not too sure what make of screen to go for. Iv always sworn by Samsung LCD screens but am unsure of the situation with Plasmas and I understand that plasma is the way to go for this type of use.

Would also like some sort of tablet device on a lecturn that stands next to the screen. Touchscreen obviously, so a laptop can be plugged in and then piggybacked through this device and into the display. Anyone got any experience with a setup such as this?
    We can provide you with Educational discounted pricing on all of the above!! If you PM or call me on 01753 881810, we can discuss your requirements in more detail and maybe we can offer you other alternative!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m1ddy View Post
    Touchscreen obviously, so a laptop can be plugged in and then piggybacked through this device and into the display.
    I'd go for a small PC, hidden somewhere around the back of the screen (or a large PC, even, given the size of the screen). Add a wireless keyboard and mouse, too.

--
    David Hicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread