+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Samsung NC10 in Technical; Got a NC10 here, had it just over a year and all I've done is up it to 2GB, still ...

Thank Post
    Got a NC10 here, had it just over a year and all I've done is up it to 2GB, still running XP Home buts its ace, best thing I've bought to be honest.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    I would agree with Headt18 regarding the Fizzbook Spins, the feedback we have been given from the many educational establishments that have purchased these from us has only been great , Although I would take a look at the Dell 2100 also.
    Is that the biggest gap between a post and a reply? Nigh on 16 months? What prompted you to 're-ignite' the thread? Not that it's any problem you understand, I'm just curious as to what prompted you to pick up on a conversation which is over a year old

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    Got a NC10 here, had it just over a year and all I've done is up it to 2GB, still running XP Home buts its ace, best thing I've bought to be honest.
    What's the current Samsung equivalent/replacement of the NC10? Keep threatening to buy the wife one so she can play Scrabble on Facebook instead of using the 'brick' of an Acer Aspire she has, but never sure what model to go for.

Thank Post
    The samsungs are definately the coolest, but I've been quite disappointed by the keyboard on my samsung Q series notebook which started to fall apart within a week of getting it.

I've now got 2 keys half dangling off.
    Last edited by PeteHopton; 9th April 2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 932 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theeldergeek View Post
    Is that the biggest gap between a post and a reply? Nigh on 16 months? What prompted you to 're-ignite' the thread? Not that it's any problem you understand, I'm just curious as to what prompted you to pick up on a conversation which is over a year old
    It wasn't Simon. A company in Wakefield decided to spam us about Fizzbooks yesterday. It was hammer time

6. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

CPLTD (9th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Now I'm confused?

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    It wasn't Simon. A company in Wakefield decided to spam us about Fizzbooks yesterday. It was hammer time
    Confused I am

Thank Post
    We have a fleet of netbooks now, all Samsung, mostly NC10s but now it's the N130 that's replaced it. N130 is cheaper to buy than the NC10 was, pretty much down to the fact they've removed the extra chrome trim and other decorative bits so it looks a bit cheaper but functionally works the same and possibly better battery life I read somewhere?

Keyboard is best in class, only thing that's better is the Lenovo x100e but that costs almost double the price of an N130 so it should be good! (I bought an x100 and rather impressed with it so far so if you're loaded with cash go for those!)

2GB RAM upgrade is a must, minimum spec for any machine here and for the price makes a massive performance difference. Also get the extended warranty as you may well be needing it if they're going to be given some rough treatment over time

10. Thanks to gshaw from:

PeteHopton (9th April 2010)

Thank Post
    I wish the keyboard on my q series samsung was decent. I also wish I got more than 2:30 out the battery. Netbooks are too slow for me I get impatient, anyone know a fast laptop with decent graphics and battery? (any don't say apple)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12