+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Hp Support in Technical; I had a HD go on one of my HP servers, I needed to return it. I think I have ...
    Thank Post

Hp Support

I had a HD go on one of my HP servers, I needed to return it.

I think I have a new one on the way, but to be honest, the tech support chap spoke so poorly and in such a thick Indian accent I honestly cant honestly be sure what is happening.

I know that companies save a lot of money by moving their call centres abroad, but it does make things hard for those of us tasked with using theses sub standard cheap services. At least he didn't ask too many questions.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    This is why I quite like Dell. The first person you talk to who asks you for the serial tag usually has an Indian accent, but they are always quite understandable.

After that, public sector support always goes through to someone with either a west country or Irish accent, and whichever one you get they sound far too happy to be working in a call centre.

Also, the customer satisfaction calls after the case is closed have been recently coming from someone with a cute-sounding eastern European accent. I know that says nothing about them in person but I can dream...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 766 Posts
    Sign of the times when we can't even manage our own managed service but have to put it out to other companies in other countries which reap the benefits in profit and not the UK.
    It make me wonder whether we will be able to sustain our country for much longer as we do not manufacture many products for export, our service industry is a shambles along with our banking system which was once the pride of the world.
    We are very good at drawing the dole though and getting benefits and handouts maybe we should all look at excelling in this field.

Thank Post
    I gave up phoning HP - seemed to get much better results with their online/email service.

When we could afford Dell, I must say that I always found their Public Sector service to be very good, too.

Thank Post
    The only plus point about this is that the array was rebuilt automatically and the duff disk flagged as a wrong un. So smoothly in fact that no one, including myself, was any the wiser.

Thank Post
    One week later and still no replacement part.

Next day support my ***

Girl of phone today, who could not understand a word I was saying, was incredibly unhelpful and only reluctantly agreed to call the returns department.

This is a spare disk for our main server, therefore it is mission critical and HP have been made fully aware.

As of this time I words fail me, better buy dell next time.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    This is why I quite like Dell.
    After that, public sector support always goes through to someone with either a west country or Irish accent, and whichever one you get they sound far too happy to be working in a call centre.
    Not for much longer - I see that Dell are pulling out of Ireland

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Really? Wonder where they will be moving production too then - all the systems for the UK are currently shipped from Ireland, as I believe that's where they are assembled.

Thank Post
    I have fired off another email, I shall be contacting Insight as well to voice my concerns since they insisted that I go through HP.

<Start of Sulk>

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread