+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, usb drive problem in Technical; Originally Posted by JohnMason Personally i'd "delete" all usb sticks from there. Don't touch the root hubs and stuff (which ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMason View Post
    Personally i'd "delete" all usb sticks from there. Don't touch the root hubs and stuff (which are hidden by default), but any usb devices should just be deleted. That way they'll load up fresh next time they are plugged in.

If you have a usb mouse though, don't delete that one... Or at least remember you are deleting it... I certainly didn't make that mistake then panic when my mouse wouldn't work, honest!
    [QUOTE=Sorry, right click the device in the Device Name column and choose uninstall. Do this for all USB flash drives which have been previously connected, wouldn't recommend doing it for usb printers as some can get a bit confused afterwards when redetected.[/QUOTE]

Thank you again for replying. I tried this and they just remain on the list. Maybe I am missing something here! After Right-click>Uninstall selected devices>Yes, should it go from the list view? Do I need to restart USBDeview?

Thank Post
    They disappear straight from the list for me. Odd You do have full admin privileges on the account you're using/testing with?

3. Thanks to OutToLunch from:

firefighting (18th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OutToLunch View Post
    They disappear straight from the list for me. Odd You do have full admin privileges on the account you're using/testing with?
    Sorry, my bad . I forgot to "run as administrator". This did the trick.
    ok.. I can uninstall all sticks in USBDeview. When stick is re-inserted it picks up and installs successfully BUT I still do not see the drive or can read, format, change drive letter. It is still the same. I noticed the stick has a serial number which may be the reason that the registry blocks it (somewhere).

Anyway, I think I have wasted enough of all your time and very grateful for your input. There are far more important issues to deal with. I will plug away in spare moments to find a soultion and publish any findings. I WILL get to the bottom of this.
    regards and thanks again

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12