+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Kyocera FS-C5025N in Technical; yo , i just got 12 new kyocera fs-c5025n printers, th problem is that when they print the page is ...
    Thank Post

Kyocera FS-C5025N

yo , i just got 12 new kyocera fs-c5025n printers, th problem is that when they print the page is spat out the back of the machine b4 it reachs the rollers or top tray.... now ive rang kyocera and checked all the options on the menu and even changed the drivers.. still nothing... has anyone got one of these beastly machines and can give me some pointers

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There is a driver option for "face up" delivery which I think would do what you're describing (you can have the paper go in from the drop down tray at the front and come out at the back so you get an almost completely flat paper path).

I don't have one here so I can't check the options but it definitely is configurable

Thank Post
    On the print server properties for the printer under advanced-printing defaults-basic-destination. You can change it to top tray (face down)... the other options are rear tray (face up) and printer default...

trc

Thank Post
    Did you manage to get your paper coming out of the top of your printer? It's a simple driver setting, you need to select "printers" in Windows control panel and right click the printer you want to change. Then choose "properties" from the menu and from the properties window, general tab, choose "printing preferences". Set destination to "top tray, (face down)", click OK and you're done.

I work for Kyocera and I'm disappointed that you got no joy from ringing us, if you can reply to me with details I'll follow that up.

(Just FYI, the "rear tray (face up)" destination option which your printer was set to previously is for printing card or sticky labels, it provides a straight paper path to prevent jams with these difficult materials if you also feed the material in from the by-pass feed at the front.)

For future reference, the technical helpline is on 08456 456 0456.

Best wishes
    Tracey

Thank Post
    Hello Tracey and welcome to Edugeek!

I've got a FS-1030D that I am battling with at the moment. Paper is getting stuck as it's being pushed through the fuser/rollers and I'm getting a page of A4 concertina'd into a very nice looking inch wide fan!

trc

Thank Post
    Hello
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Not sure I can help you with that one, I'm from marketing not technical, so I'm great on drivers (which I use daily) but not on fault-finding. I would highly recommend a call to the tech team on 08456 456 0456. If they can't help you, get back to me and I'll escalate it.
    Good luck
    Tracey

Thank Post
    tracey.. thanks for your advise, im altered all settings, on the driver, printer server and printer itself, to printer out of top tray face down.. now it still spits it out the back

thanks for your help but i do think this one machine is Foobared :P

trc

Thank Post
    That's not normal! Sounds like you need tech support (not a mere marketer like me). Who did you call at Kyocera before? Was it the tech support line 08456 4560456? They should be able to help. I'll also ask our techies here for ideas and will post again if they can advise anything.

Sorry you're having problems.

trc

Thank Post
    Does sound knackered! We have a 5020n here, and it is my favourite printer ever I do find though, it needs to be talked nicely to, if you threaten to hit it it will just jam up worse, you have to be diplomatic

Thank Post

Solution

These printers have a paper guide accessible by removing the rear cover, it's like a foot long piece of plastic with several triangular shapes on it, and it clips in either side. It should have a tiny spring on the RH side as you look at the back, located where the guide clips in. If this is missing you will have your paper spewing out the back no matter what settings you put in! Also there is a 1cm long plastic tab on this guide also on the RH side that fits in a slot designed for it, you will get the same fault if this is broken off as commonly happens.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by furdepazzi View Post
    These printers have a paper guide accessible by removing the rear cover, it's like a foot long piece of plastic with several triangular shapes on it, and it clips in either side. It should have a tiny spring on the RH side as you look at the back, located where the guide clips in. If this is missing you will have your paper spewing out the back no matter what settings you put in! Also there is a 1cm long plastic tab on this guide also on the RH side that fits in a slot designed for it, you will get the same fault if this is broken off as commonly happens.
    You wouldn't happen to have a photo would you. One of ours has the spring but it's bust. What should the end result look like?

Best wishes

Tim

Thank Post
    Hi the spring is tiny a small fine coil spring about 4mm wide with a approx 7mm 'tail' sticking out straight at either end, roughly at 120 degrees to each other. I don't have the printer any more so can't send a photo. the coil just fits over the protruding shaft on the RH side of the unit as you look from the back

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread