+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, HP4250N fuser gears wearing away? in Technical; Anyone had problems with HP4250's becoming noisy /clunky and on removing the fuser the gears look to have worn away ...
    Thank Post

HP4250N fuser gears wearing away?

Anyone had problems with HP4250's becoming noisy /clunky and on removing the fuser the gears look to have worn away with little piles of plastic dust right under and around the gears?

I've just checked all 5 of these and they are all doing it

Andrew

Thank Post
    I believe we've had the same problem, it will more then likely come up with a fuser error in the near future like ours did. We sent it away for repair and seems to be working fine now.

Thank Post
    worrying..we've got a 4250 here getting a daily hammering..been in for 12 months or so, no issues so far.

Thank Post
    I think they are a known consumable.

One of our 4200s had a transparency put through it which was of the non laser printer compatible variety and it melted round the fuser.

I ordered a Maintenance kit its just a few pounds more than the fuser alone. It included new paper pickup rollers, rubber roller that is opposite the drum, Fuser and spare plastic gears including those for the fuser. They are quite simple to fit altho you do end up with alot of printer bits down a desk by the time you get to all tho shafts. Its a simple C clip and a flatted shaft when you get there. You just have to be methodical so you can put it all back together again.

Thank Post
    Hi guys just an update on this - I finally managed to get through to the right person at HP (once I'd battled my way through the first line "is there a paper jam, and have you turned it on and off").

Apparently it is a known issue with Early 4250's and I now have a nice man from HP coming tomrrow to fix all 5 of ours free of charge!

Cant say fairer than that I suppose!

Sirbendy - if I was you I would go have a look at your 4250. Remove the flip down paper holder thing, use your fingers on the two blue plastic tabs to unclip the fuser and pull it out - see if on the left hand side you have a load of gear dust all over the place.

If so ring HP!

Thank Post
    I have exactly the same problem which I noticed on one 2 weeks ago and had to take it out of service. One of the other ones is getting noisy now too. I bet they are out of warranty! Are all yours in warranty?

Thank Post
    Nope all mine out of warranty but HP will sort it out as they class it as a manufacturing defect (which it is to be fair).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread