+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Smartboard Unifi 35 problems 600i in Technical; Anyone experienced problems with this board. also known as 600i I think. The problems are. When writing with the pen ...
    Thank Post

Smartboard Unifi 35 problems 600i

Anyone experienced problems with this board. also known as 600i I think. The problems are.

When writing with the pen the actual pen line lags behind very very slowly. Likewise with the eraser. Also the actual content (writing) may not always be removed by the eraser. Changing the eraser size ( bigger-smaller) does not always work. I have had the original installation company look at it, and the smart techies themselves. I am not a fan of these boards. Non confident teaching staff find them overcomplicated.

Thank Post
    Allegedly this board will not work with smartboard software below version 9.5. I might add that it doesnt seem to work with higher versions either ....

Thank Post
    The only time time i have seen slowdown on these boards along the line that you mention, is when i had them connected to a Mac mini through Parallels. It was only then that the board slowed down. This is just a standard smartboard though not an integrated one. I put it down to a resource issue since the minis where running at almost 100% memory and CPU usage according to ARD anyway.

These minis were core 2 duo 1.8, the ones having problems were running Leopard with Parallels and 1GB ram. So the resources would definitely have been an issue.

They also had integrated graphics. Since moving them over to Bootcamp, i have not seen the slow down issue again.

4. Thanks to HodgeHi from:

badcommander (15th October 2008)

Thank Post
    The installation company and smartboard techies tried to fob me off with usb, ram and processor not up to the job excuses. I tried various pc's and new laptops that were definitely within the spec quoted in the installation manual for the board. Still the same problem though. The school has two of these boards and they both have the same problem.

Thank Post

Smartboard 600i series new problem

I have used my smartboard daily for the past 18 months, but recently it has started to switch off for no apparent reason after about 10 minutes.

The green onn/off switch stays green, but the lamp goes out. I have to disconnect from mains to get it to restart, then it only works for about 5 minutes.

All very frustrating. What do yo think the problem is?

Thanks,
    Liz

Thank Post
    badcommander:
    We have over 35 SBs, approx 10 being the newer SB680i with Unifi35 projectors. It may be worth trying the SB standalone, without a computer being connected. (The SB680i can work standalone) to see if the problem persists, and this may help you with process of elimination.

bizilizi:
    A few things to try are:

-Attempt a hard reset, by pressing the button on the lower right corner of the SB680i where the USB connects to

- Check the system info settings to check the bulb life. If nearing 2000 hours it may be time for another bulb. Remember to reset the counter afterwards. Follow this

- Remove the cover where the projector bulb is, and double check the connections. We have had 2 bulbs initially appear faulty, but it was just the case of 1 (of the 2 white) leads had come off the connector spade at the rear of the bulb itself

- If all else fails, contact Steljes, their support for more recently purchases is great, on-site usually next day, with a replacement SB / Projector if required.
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 23rd March 2009 at 01:01 PM.

8. Thanks to MYK-IT from:

bizilizi (23rd March 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bizilizi View Post
    I have used my smartboard daily for the past 18 months, but recently it has started to switch off for no apparent reason after about 10 minutes.

The green onn/off switch stays green, but the lamp goes out. I have to disconnect from mains to get it to restart, then it only works for about 5 minutes.

All very frustrating. What do yo think the problem is?

Thanks,
    Liz
    Its more likely that the projector is overheating. clean the filters!!

Thank Post

SB Inifi 35 problem

Thanks, I had wondered about cleaning the filters, but have been told that the 600i range doesn't require filter cleaning! Is that right or wrong?

Liz

Thank Post
    Correct, there are no (end user) filters to clean etc.

Have you tried the suggestions i previously posted??

Thank Post
    Yes, I've tried a hard reset ....no joy.

I switched the SM on without being connected to the computer....it still went out after ca 5 mins, so the prob isn't with the computer or software.

Haven't checked connections yet...I know our technician doesn't want anythng oepned up as it would nullify the guarantee, but I will suggest it tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.

liz

Thank Post
    Long shot but you could try upgrading the firmware? I have a firmware CD for our 600i somewhere, PM me if you'd like it sending. Otherwise I think you can download it from the smart website

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If the board has garuntee contact smart about it. I take it liz your a teacher?

Thank Post
    Yes, thanks. I am a teacher......can't work without it . Will check firmware.

Thank Post

smartboard problems

In my opinion updating the firmware was quite a complicated business, so take your time with it, in my instance it didnt solve any problems. The smartboard works fine when not used via a laptop/ workstation, though this is not helpful for staff who wish to have access network shares.

bizilizi:
    I have had instances where the smartboard seemed to go off. What it is actually doing is going into the equivalent of a sleep/hibernation to conserve energy when it is not being used actively. There are settings on the smartboard menu to tell it to not to do this. I cant give more details from memory but will post later if you cant find them. I am at that particulare school on Fridays only.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast