+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, 3 separate Printer problems.. in Technical; grrr...i hate printers... 1: EPSON 1100C. Can anyone tell me how to get a black verticle line off my printouts. ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

3 separate Printer problems..

grrr...i hate printers...

1: EPSON 1100C. Can anyone tell me how to get a black verticle line off my printouts. I've changed the black toner and cleaned the heads. It went away for a day but now its back again. It's worse when people printer blocks of colour out.

2: Konica Magicolor 2430dl. Has a phantom paper jam. Media Jam Tray 1. Have take the paper lifter roller out and gave it a rub and put it back. Worked once then "jammed" again.

3: Samsung CLP-300. Its a bit vague. Because im having problems with the 2 printers above we have resorted to trying to use this one in the infant library. Now every so often i find this printer with a red light, do the magic off and on again and it sorts it. Now when trying to print from a room across the building i managed to get one print out of it before it decided to go red again. I dont think it likes big print jobs..

I think they're ganging up on me!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    grrr...i hate printers...
    Me too, chuck 'em all out, go paperless office.

2: Konica Magicolor 2430dl. Has a phantom paper jam. Media Jam Tray 1. Have take the paper lifter roller out and gave it a rub and put it back. Worked once then "jammed" again.
    There will be a small rubber roller, in the tray, and usually just above it, this is what maketh the paper feed through. Take them out, if you can swap them around, see if this makes it work (more than once).

If not, get onto Konica, and see if you can get hold of what is usually called "printer repair toolkit", as this will contain replacement rollers, swabs, rubber gloves, and other "things" that they think you need to swap. It won't necessarily be listed on the Konica "accessories" list, but a decent retailer should be able to get hold of it. They're meant for printer repairers. It may not be worth buying depending upon the age of the printer. There should be instructions in the pack.

I have done this twice once on a Brother and once on an HP.

I think they're ganging up on me!
    Of course they are, that's the trouble you plug them in, and they start to talk to eachother over the network.. little (or not so)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread