+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo E3510 in Technical; I guess nobody has experience of the Viglen Ultra small thing. How about the Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo E3510 which has ...

Thank Post

Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo E3510

I guess nobody has experience of the Viglen Ultra small thing. How about the Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo E3510 which has been offered by another supplier. More expensive and I think a bit bigger but what's the general opinion of Fujitsu stuff nowdays?

Thank Post
    We installed 340 of the Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo E3510 over the summer holiday. I was impressed with the overall build quality and performance of the Esprimo.

Two USB, headphone and microphone sockets at the front, a large on/off button but no reset button.

Why the front of the PC is dark grey/black and the metalwork beige is anyone's guess.

I've had comments from staff and students that they like the feel of the keyboard and mouse supplied with the Esprimo, although I personally prefer my MS keyboard and logitech mouse.

My only complaint about the PCs is that they have a 115/230 volt switch on the power supply. When flicked to 115 volts there is a loud bang, bright flash, puff of smoke and a lovely smell..... I know it helps keep the cost down but an auto detect power supply would save parents a bill of £106 for a replacement PSU. (£65.00 + £12.50 delivery + VAT + £15.00 admin/fitting).

Ask your supplier if you can have a machine on evaluation, if they are unable or unwilling to arrange this for you then contact Fujitsu Siemens direct.

3. Thanks to InTheDark from:

laserblazer (22nd September 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,638 Times in 2,042 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We switched away from F-S a little while back due to poor customer service during warranty. (ie. taking more than a week to turn up to fix a server which had next day cover for example).

Personally, I'm steering clear.

5. Thanks to localzuk from:

Thank Post
    The Esprimo PCs we installed over the summer (and still are!) seem pretty good so far. Having problems with their Primergy Servers and Win 2008 server, but it's too early to say where the fault lies....

7. Thanks to joe90bass from:

Thank Post
    Thanks. Do you have them as towers of lying flat? To be honest, I think they will be too big to squeeze into our small rooms. I leaning towards the Lenovo Thinkcentre of Viglen's ultra small machine. They are sending me one to play with.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread