Hardware Thread, Printer install! in Technical; Hi, need help with an install of Hp 2015n printer, i have tried and no joy,the software that is supplied ...
17th September 2008, 09:19 AM #1
Hi, need help with an install of Hp 2015n printer, i have tried and no joy,the software that is supplied with printer is rubbish,i CAN connect to it through the browser but can't install it on the network. error cannot find printer. any ideas please.
17th September 2008, 09:50 AM #2
Basically what we do is:
Add New Printer.
Create new port - Standard TCP/IP Port.
Enter IP of printer.
Search for drivers on disc - choose PCL5e.
17th September 2008, 09:53 AM #3
We have probably near on 20 of these now all installed no problems using the following instructions.
1) Set it up plug network cable in etc, turn it on.
2) Wait a minute or so, and hold down the green button until it flashes, it will print a report which will contain the IP assigned from DHCP.
3) Through a browser, connect to said IP, click Networking, and manually set the IP you would like the printer to have and click Save.
4) Change your browser URL to point to the new IP.
5) Under Network > Password (I think...) set the password to stop anybody connecting and messing around.
6) On your server, Control Panel, Printers & Faxes, Add Printer
7) Select Local Printer and untick the box telling it to auto detect.
8) Select the creation of a new Port of type "Standard TCP/IP" (I don't use the HP one as it causes me more problems than it cures).
9) Put in the IP of the printer and press next, it should identify it as a Jet Direct.
10) Finally point it to the driver for your printer, in our case we use PCL5e and share it out as part of the wizard.
** Don't use the software on the CD, it will give you nightmares.
Thanks to kmount from:
MrPstv (17th September 2008)
17th September 2008, 10:10 AM #4
I would agree with all that kmount has said, except...
Instead of giving your printer a static IP address I would strongly recommend setting up an IP reservation for it instead. I have found it much easier to manage this way, if you need to change IP address of printer you can do so easily.
Also these printers do sometimes "forget" thier static IP address, if there is an ip reservation for it this will not happen.
17th September 2008, 11:40 AM #5
thanks ,that problem sorted ,had issue with spooler service stopping but that is fine, much appreciated for the advice given,now a few more thousand problems to sort out!!!!!!.
By fawkers in forum Windows
Last Post: 23rd May 2012, 12:43 AM
By kennysarmy in forum Hardware
Last Post: 23rd January 2008, 12:42 PM
By tscnmuk in forum Windows
Last Post: 10th January 2008, 01:19 PM
Last Post: 4th July 2007, 07:57 AM
By tosca925 in forum Educational Software
Last Post: 12th May 2006, 09:04 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)