+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Configuring Netgear WG302 via command line in Technical; I'm trying to reconfigure a Netgear WG302v1 WAP after a move of location and have pushed the reset button on ...
    Thank Post

Configuring Netgear WG302 via command line

I'm trying to reconfigure a Netgear WG302v1 WAP after a move of location and have pushed the reset button on the back of the device to reset this to factory settings but cannot browse to this device via web browser. I have configured the locally attached laptop to be on the same default IP/Subnet range, Firewalls are disabled & Proxy servers are not confugured but still i am unable to contact the WAP.

I am now trying via HyperTerminal and have found that the subnet has been set to 0.0.0.0 which i'm sure isn't default setting so am trying to change this but am not sure what command i should be using I've tried "set system gateway :255.255.255.000" but this just returns "system gateway : 0.0.0.0". I've tried a mix of this command but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Any help would be great thanks

Thank Post
    U got a link to the manual?

Would guess
    set ip

Thank Post
    the initial command "get system gateway" displays the gateway as 0.0.0.0 so the only other suitable command available is "set" so this should be in the same format. Also you can press tab after each word which will show you the next options available

The manual doesn't go into exact detail of how to set this so was just wondering wheter anyone else here had come across this.

Thank Post
    Ooops forget this as i've just realised its the netmask i'm trying to change, not the gateway

This is set correctly so why can't i access this WAP via web browser!!?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    if wap is set to 192.168.0.1 as it's ip then connect the wap via rj45 directly to ur comps nic and set it ip etc statically to 192.168.0.x where x is say 26 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and set the default gateway to the ip of the wap if that does not work then put the ip address of the wap as the DNS ip in your NIC settings if still no joy when you are resetting the wap with a paperclip or w.e make sure to hold it in or down for at least 5 to 10 seconds. Hopefully not stating the obvious but after doing a reset try the above again.

If using firefox or when I use firefox for this I normally use proxyswitcher and select none for proxy settings that or use IE and just uncheck all proxy settings as per above and below.
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 16th September 2008 at 07:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 826 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also check you haven't left any proxy settings on in your web browser....

Thank Post
    Sorry i forgot to update this.

I managed to change the details to the required settings via Hyperterminal once i realised that i was being a spanner by trying to set the default gateway with the subnet mask address i actually started getting somewhere. Once set to the new scope i could browse to the web interface. Strange why it wouldn't let me on default settings. Doesn't matter anymore though as i now know how to set these up via telnet session

Thank Post
    Having to re-configure one myself at the moment. I wasn't able to connect for some time until I checked online and it tells you that you need to configure your local machine to an IP of 192.168.0.210 with subnet of 255.255.255.0

Shame it doesn't tell you that on the sticker at the bottom!

Thank Post
    Even with these settings on the laptop i still couldn't connect. I've been able to connect in this way before when i configured 17 of these so am familiar with the way the laptop should be set up but this time it wasn't playing ball.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread