+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Intel VPro AMT Software in Technical; Is anyone managing desktops/Laptops with Intels VPro Technology? We have just bought 120 HPdc7800 USFF desktops with VPro but haven't ...

Thank Post

Intel VPro AMT Software

Is anyone managing desktops/Laptops with Intels VPro Technology?

We have just bought 120 HPdc7800 USFF desktops with VPro but haven't got a clue how to manage them with this feature. If anyone is using VPro, what software do you you use? Im not sure if HP have software or if its free.

Thanks

Thank Post

Intel vPro Software

Hi..
    First, I work for Intel Corporation in case anybody is interested. I also run the Intel vPro Expert Center @ Redirect Page.

I just ran across your question and thought I would give you a few options that are available for SW.

In regards to Software options that are available for intel vPro Technology, you can leverage a few of the free light weight consoles @ Tools for Intel® vPro and Centrino Pro - Intel Open Port: Tools for Intel® vPro and Centrino Pro. Here you can see all the free tools we give, in which the consoles are: Intel System Defense Utility and Intel Manageability Developer Kit.

While the option above for a free console is great, it does not provide a full management console w/ integrated patching, rules engine or full inventory system. For that type of capability you either have to go after a small/medium business tool like SyAM or Microsoft System Center Essentials. If you are going enterprise then I recommend you look at Altiris, Microsoft SCCM or LanDesk. My apologies for the long list, I'm just giving out options available. If you have any additional questions just let me know, I've been on vPro for 2.5 years and an x-IT guy for over 13 years.

Josh H

Thank Post
    So would this mean i could do BIOS updates to Multiple HP machines at once? or is it just altering the bios settings?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread