+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Network Mono Laser? in Technical; Originally Posted by Big-Jon The best way I have found is to NOT use a static IP address on your ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Jon View Post
    The best way I have found is to NOT use a static IP address on your printers... Set them up to receive a dynamic address from your DHCP server but setup an IP reservation for them on the server. This way they will always get the same address and you don't have to worry about when the static one gets "forgotten"
    This is how we do it - we have shed loads of these printers and they work fine. I didnt know about the factory reset on the button though - just waiting for the kids to find out about that one

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Jon View Post
    The best way I have found is to NOT use a static IP address on your printers... Set them up to receive a dynamic address from your DHCP server but setup an IP reservation for them on the server. This way they will always get the same address and you don't have to worry about when the static one gets "forgotten"
    That's what I do for most devices that want a static IP as it also means you can easily keep track of available addresses, and change the IP number if you ever want to without having to visit the printer, although i know you can do this in the web console of most printers these days anyway, but nice to have it all in one place.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Netman View Post
    I'm liking the Brother HL-2070N I bought earlier this year - very reliable and very cheap to run...
    Just don't put too many of them on one server, one of my sites is addicted to these little pieces of junk from a hardware and cost perspective (they brought like 15 in one go ) but there is a rather large issue with them. At least for us their drivers leak memory like an open water main.

They leak this memory from the non-paged pool which means that when it fills up it simply fails out all of the primary services as they run out of memory. We have to restart the print spooler service every 30 minutes to keep that server running. We have tried several drivers all of which still cause the problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12