+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, HP 2500n in Technical; Originally Posted by Ric_ @CheeseDog: Definately sounds like the transfer unit (the stuff that looks like thick photo film) - ...
    Thank Post

Re: HP 2500n

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_
    @CheeseDog: Definately sounds like the transfer unit (the stuff that looks like thick photo film) - you'll probably be able to see the marks and this would also explain why it's only every x number of pages that look knackered.
    I agree. But sadly changing the bad drum into the good printer seems to make no difference to the quality on that one. Tried quite a few pages as well.

Haven't tried it the other way round yet. I'll do a swap now and leave it a day to see what happens.

Just moved the belt round by hand and it looks pretty clean.

Thank Post

@john - thanks , I'll give them a call.
    and I know what you mean about IJT !!

@ric - thanks for your comments.

don't know what inbuilt 'intelligence' they have , but it's worth a blag - what is there to lose?

the toners that come with the 2600n printer have the same part no. as the replacements , and seem to give the same page yield, so I assumed they were the same?

and I know the 2600N is an 'el cheapo' printer, but we have 3 of them and they have been fine so far...

I must add that I wouldn't try dodgy refills in a 2500N , it being a much more valuable machine.

our budget is very tight and I am just trying to keep costs as low as we can for 'reasonable' quality printing for the whole school, that's all.

Thank Post

Results just in....

The dodgy printer is still dodgy. So it's not the transfer belt

Got fed up with it now.

Saving it for a quiet day over Easter.

Thank Post

I have two of the exact same printers purchased a while back now, 3 yrs or so ago, before i started here. In my experience this printer model is a shocker, it rearly does anything right, netwroking problems galore, although it maybe be pcounter causing a few of the problem.....anyway

We often get pages which come out with your described effect, usually the primary colour most used in the printout, for instance test page Magenta.
    We are yet to find a cure, but to be honest we only keep them because we spent som much on them all those years ago,

just picked up 4 hp colour laserjets 2550n i believe, these are outstanding so far! they were £250 i think.

Thank Post

Quick update on this.

The printer seems to have worked the problem out of it's system after replacing all the ink/drums.

Fixed itself in the days leading up to an Ofsted inspection. About a month and a bit ago.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information