+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, convert Video to DVD in Technical; Been asked by a couple of retiring teachers if i can put there old vcr collection of teaching video's onto ...

Thank Post

convert Video to DVD

Been asked by a couple of retiring teachers if i can put there old vcr collection of teaching video's onto dvd. Has anyone got a way of doing this without putting the video through a pc first to get round the anticopying see this Copy Guard Enhancers CT-200 copy guard remover DP-1000 DP-2000 Remove copy guard CT-200 CT200 CT1 SED-CT2 SEDCT2 SEDCM2 SED-CM2 SEDCM1 SED-CM1 VCR friendly DVD recorder friendly CGMS off C.G.M.S Off wanted to know what others do about this problem.

Thank Post
    We have a VCR/DVD writer combo unit that we use for this, never had problems.

Thank Post
    VCR to DVD Recorder is the easiest way. Remember that owning the vcr doesn't automatically licence you to make a dvd.

Thank Post
    Unfortunatley, I don't think by-passing copy protection on material that might not be licensed to be copied is something that you should get into at a school.

Bit like them asking you to installing an extra copy of office without a licence

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    If you (personally) want to be responsible. Then yes, we used a DVD->VCR to convert licensed videos to streaming format for your school (easier to take from dvd than from VHS - backup also)

However to "copy" to dvd for teachers? I wouldn't do it. We let them know about copyright and all and said we couldn'd do it.

If you get the teacher to check with the publishing company then write a note to say they have checked (keep for later) then even if they dont check but sign - they will be responsible for the copying.

hth

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread