+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Novatech computers in Technical; Hi all Just after any thoughts about this companys PC's Servers any good bad things etc Computer Supplies and PC ...
    Thank Post

Novatech computers

Hi all
    Just after any thoughts about this companys PC's Servers any good bad things etc
    Computer Supplies and PC Components from Novatech
    thanks
    Matt

Thank Post
    Hi Matt,

I've been using Novatech as my preferred supplier for the past 3 years. I can say with hand on heart that I have never had to return anything as far as I can recall. Laptops and PC's are both well made, and the PC's can be custom configured as well if needed.

I've never purchased a 'proper' server through them, but the two server type units I purchased have been great.

Darren Smith is my contact there now on 02392 322550.

Thank Post
    Got their laptops in for one of my schools... Good comms, nice machines and can't really fault.

Thank Post

Unhappy

Hi

Used to work in a secondary school, we purchased 100 novatech laptops at the time (not the cheapest bottom spec either). I left about 6 months into having the machines. Out of the 100, about 7 had broken with faulty screens / m/b problems etc. I spoke to the guys last christmas, and they said about 25 had been returned over the 2 years.

Also before we purchassed them, they sent us a laptop to present to the staff. This got lost between the courier and novatech, and when i left, they were still arguing about who's fault it was, and trying to charge the school.

Don't know if this was just a bad batch, I'd hope so, but has stopped me ever using them again.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    We bought 15 or 20 cheap machines from novatech about 2yrs ago. They were 'budget' and have turned out to be the most faulty and unreliable machines int the building. The design is bad - bad airflow, no cooling dust cloggs them up. The PSU have been particularly unreliable and annoyingly are non-standard.
    These problems are particular to this model - the cheapest at the time so is just my experience with novatech and may not nessasarily be true of all their products.

Thank Post
    We use Novatech as our main supplier for pc's and laptops.
    I have nothing bad at all to say about their desktops, had no problems with them. The laptops are amazing spec for the price you pay, but they probably aren't built quite as well as some other makes. If you're after a good spec machine at a great price they are brilliant. We've also had no issues with returning faulty kit, or getting spare parts if a specific bit has failed (had a few cpu fans fail on 3 year old machines, they shipped out a new one for us).

I'm very impressed with them, i even bought components for my personal machine (my home self-built machine) from them in January.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I know someone who kitted out their company full with them 750 machine. Last time I heard he had a faulty hard drive in one, and to be honest that’s not the fault due to them

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread