+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Softxpand Miniframe in Technical; Is anyone else currently using softxpand? We tried it in the Library due to space constraints and I can honestly ...

Thank Post
    Is anyone else currently using softxpand?

We tried it in the Library due to space constraints and I can honestly say we have had no end of bother from it. 3/4 calls a day about screens locking up, keyboard and mouse problems and sessions freezing mid logoff. Just wondering if anyone else has it in place and experiences problems?

We use mandatory profiles for students along with group policy to manage numinous things within the school, the advice we received from the tech team after replacing motherboards, installing a fresh build of windows without additional software and upgrading to the newest version was to ditch the profiles and group policy which is not an option.

Thank Post
    HI Liam

Can you reply to me directly with information about your system and particularily the hardware in the system so I can see what we can do for you?

Best Wishes

Jamie Easterman

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamH View Post
    Is anyone else currently using softxpand?

We tried it in the Library due to space constraints and I can honestly say we have had no end of bother from it. 3/4 calls a day about screens locking up, keyboard and mouse problems and sessions freezing mid logoff. Just wondering if anyone else has it in place and experiences problems?

We use mandatory profiles for students along with group policy to manage numinous things within the school, the advice we received from the tech team after replacing motherboards, installing a fresh build of windows without additional software and upgrading to the newest version was to ditch the profiles and group policy which is not an option.
    LiamH

I share your pain, Since we had it installed over a year ago it has been a completed headache...no migraine since day one. Cable management is KEY to this system, all the USB hubs need to be locked away and assigned appropriately. Also, can you get MovieMaker or Google Earth to work by anychance? Our reselller had to write a "hack" to get MovieMaker to work (which is now not working). Our stations reboot at random times throughout the day (you don't even need to be logged on, an idle station just restarted as me and the assistant head looked at it!)

Poor performance all round (I suspect this is due to the way in which our reseller has configured the main tower stations) means we have YET to get 100% use out of it yet. Oh and to top it all off, our reseller has totally mugged us off, leaving us with a faulty solution that does not work. We our now persuing legal action, its gonna get messi.

Thank Post
    HI Firefix_2006

MovieMaker will run if you use the SoftXpand application runner process. Right click on the app you want to run you should see an in context menu option for this.

We have also found that using an Application called Sandboxie will allow multiple instances of Google Earth to run without issues. However make sure your Video drivers and workstations are setup with Native Display settings to get the benefit of 3D acceleraation.

I suspect your configuration might need a small tweak as the systems we have implemented don't suffer the problems you mention.

Please let me know where you purchased from and I will take matters further for you.

Best Wishes

Jamie

Thank Post
    we've had 6 x4 units and 6 x2 units of these installed. The amount of time spent trying to sorting out the keyboard/mouse/audio. Been a nightmare!!!

Thank Post
    Hi Everyone who has posted today (or in fact previously) who is experiencing technical or support issues with SoftXpand.

As the UK distributors for SoftXpand please can you submit a support ticket to softXpand@londonweb.net so we can open a support case for your particular situation and if possible work with the resellers involved to resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction.

Best Wishes

Jamie Easterman

Thank Post
    Does that include me Jamie after sending you the information requested?

Thank Post
    Does that include me Jamie after sending you the information requested?
    Hi Liam,

Yes Please. This way all your support issues will be tracked from start to finish and my team can deal with your issue correctly and you can follow the status or responses within our ticketing system.

Best Wishes

Jamie

Thank Post
    Email sent with the details I have already explained to yourself...

Will post the outcome here

Thank Post
    I have also sent an email as well to londonweb.

Thank Post
    Well after almost a weeks wait I have yet to receive even an acknowledgement of the support ticket I submitted. Meanwhile the suite is still having regular issues which need sorting 4-5 times a day. Hope you had more success firefox!

Thank Post
    I had a few SoftXpand units which were a nightmare for us, It wasn't really the software side which let it down, it was more to do with the hardware we got supplied as a package, we had failed raid on motherboards, random bios freezing, cheap USB hubs which fell apart or just stopped working.
    In the end I just got Ncomputer cards in them and have't looked back since.

Thank Post
    Well after almost a weeks wait I have yet to receive even an acknowledgement of the support ticket I submitted. Meanwhile the suite is still having regular issues which need sorting 4-5 times a day. Hope you had more success firefox!
    LiamH
    Like yourself I had been waiting since last week for an email that seemingly was never going to come, so I gave up and phoned Londonweb and they have advised me to try a few things and have offered to "dial in" to one of our stations which I am setting up now. We have a spare softxpand station (luckily) which I am trying to setup for classroom use but I have tried 3 USB hubs now and cannot get a second keyboard and mouse to connect, when I connected the keyboard and mouse directly to the pc (not via hub) they worked!

Going to keep messing about when I have time/finally get another keyboard and mouse to work. I did not realise that running softxpand in trial mode causes it to restart after 6 hours! I have been doing this as we have had various issues and getting the codes unlocked everytime is a pain!

Thank Post
    Support that's on the same reliability level as the product it seems!

Can you please PM me the number you rang? ill try chase them up if I get a chance tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Still no response to my support ticket after 2 weeks...

Did any of the solutions work for you firefox?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information