+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Server hardware to give away *FREE* in Technical; Ive really got to get rid of this stuff as my NM wants the space in the cupboard and I ...

Thank Post

Server hardware to give away *FREE*

Ive really got to get rid of this stuff as my NM wants the space in the cupboard and I dont want to see it WEEE'd if someone can make use of it

One newish server (with problems) and one oldish one

The newer one is a 5U rackmount one with a Intel SC5300LX chassis (has 6 HD bays with hot swap caddies, a couple of 5 1/4 inch bays, and a LCD info panel).
    No hard disks as Ive taken them out to use in another server, sorry! Has a DVD drive though.
    Motherboard is an Intel SE7520AF2 with 2x 3Ghz (i think) Xeons. Onboard SCSI etc, dual GB LAN. There is a RAID card but I may need to nick it

Reason we're getting rid of it is mainly because it wont fit in our rack, but also it used to occasionally hang randomly, not sure if it was the memory or board or what but I couldnt work it out. Possibly could have been a software problem, not totally sure.

The older server is a Dell Poweredge 1400SC. Pentium 3 933Mhz with a second CPu socket I think. 512MB SDRAM. SCSI (Adaptec AIC7899 card/chipset) but no hard drive as it was only an 18GB one and it had all our FMS data on so cant really give it away. Its a black tower case, with CD driver and floppy, and 2 100MB NICs.

Need to get rid of them within the next few weeks. COLLECTION ONLY from Thatcham, Berkshire. So consider whether you can make it here before requesting

Thank Post
    grrr... wish you were closer........

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Ive really got to get rid of this stuff as my NM wants the space in the cupboard and I dont want to see it WEEE'd if someone can make use of it

One newish server (with problems) and one oldish one

The newer one is a 5U rackmount one with a Intel SC5300LX chassis (has 6 HD bays with hot swap caddies, a couple of 5 1/4 inch bays, and a LCD info panel).
    No hard disks as Ive taken them out to use in another server, sorry! Has a DVD drive though.
    Motherboard is an Intel SE7520AF2 with 2x 3Ghz (i think) Xeons. Onboard SCSI etc, dual GB LAN. There is a RAID card but I may need to nick it

Reason we're getting rid of it is mainly because it wont fit in our rack, but also it used to occasionally hang randomly, not sure if it was the memory or board or what but I couldnt work it out. Possibly could have been a software problem, not totally sure.

The older server is a Dell Poweredge 1400SC. Pentium 3 933Mhz with a second CPu socket I think. 512MB SDRAM. SCSI (Adaptec AIC7899 card/chipset) but no hard drive as it was only an 18GB one and it had all our FMS data on so cant really give it away. Its a black tower case, with CD driver and floppy, and 2 100MB NICs.

Need to get rid of them within the next few weeks. COLLECTION ONLY from Thatcham, Berkshire. So consider whether you can make it here before requesting

Hi

Just had a chat with one of the technicians in my office and he is willing to come down and collect it from you. Wants to learn more about networks and he may be applying for my job when I leave at the end of the month.

Thank Post
    Unfortunatly the newer one is now taken subject to collection
    The older one is still available if you are interested?

Thank Post
    Is the older server still available? I'm really local (Reading) and spare servers are always handy!

Thank Post
    Yeah its still available, all yours if you want it!

Good to see more and more people local to me around here

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread