+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hardware Thread, all-in-one computers in Technical; Can anybody recommend any good All-in-one computers (not rm) with atleast 17" lcd and core2 duo processors. floppy and optical ...

Thank Post

all-in-one computers

Can anybody recommend any good All-in-one computers (not rm) with atleast 17" lcd and core2 duo processors. floppy and optical drives are optional

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, can't resist the answer...

...Apple iMac!

Terry

Thank Post
    I should be more specific, I need these with XP or VISTA We have already got intel imacs

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Viglen Omino is quite good. Speedy and reliable machines. The only problems that I've come across are:

1. The power button can get pushed into the case, requiring the case to be disassembled. If the button is pushed too far in, it needs an entire new front case unit.
    2. There is no microphone socket next to the headphone socket on the side of the unit.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    This was recently discussed here. I can highly reccomend the Dell Optiples 755 USFF with AIO 17" TFT.

Recently purchased some with XP Pro / Core 2 Duo / 1Gb RAM / 160Gb HDD / DVD/CDRW / 3Y NBD Warranty / 17" AIO Ultrasharp Monitor for £430.00
    Last edited by SYSMAN_MK; 26th February 2008 at 04:20 PM.

Thank Post
    We sell them here SCL AIO, it is the same chassis as the Viglen as already mentioned above. If you need a quote for a specific specification just drop me a PM or use the request aquote on the website.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Can anybody recommend any good All-in-one computers (not rm) with atleast 17" lcd and core2 duo processors. floppy and optical drives are optional
    I've just got a quote from European Electronique for the HP Compaq Business Desktop DC7800 (Core 2 Duo E6550, 2GB (2x1GB) RAM, 80GB SATA HDD, DVD, Vista Business, 3 Year warranty) for £410 + VAT. This screws on the back of the HP L1908wi 19" TFT Monitor (£143.21 + VAT) and stand (£43 + VAT) to make an all-in-one style PC. So around £600 + VAT. This review seems to like them. Not bad, but I think we'll still be going for the Mac Mini and some cheap screens and a tube of Araldite for that all-in-one effect.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    We sell them here SCL AIO, it is the same chassis as the Viglen as already mentioned above. If you need a quote for a specific specification just drop me a PM or use the request aquote on the website.
    It doesn't look like the same chasis. I think the SC AIO is the old style Omninio, which has now been updated.

Thank Post
    It doesn't look like the same chasis. I think the SC AIO is the old style Omninio, which has now been updated.
    Its our picture that is out of date, we have used both models of the chassis the LP-772 is the one pictured that uses a standard 5.25" drive, the other model which we have been switching to is the LP-571 which takes a slimline optical drive and has a 3.5" bay and is the chassis Viglen use (they also have a different colour scheme to make it look unique).

1. The power button can get pushed into the case, requiring the case to be disassembled. If the button is pushed too far in, it needs an entire new front case unit.
    I must admit we have never had a report of this, I take it the power button plastic gets one of its edges pushed under the surrounding casing I can see how this could occur.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    I must admit we have never had a report of this, I take it the power button plastic gets one of its edges pushed under the surrounding casing I can see how this could occur.
    Yes, that's exactly what happens. And to be honest, it is quite regular in the ones we have. Some can be dislodged with a firm knock to the side but most need dismantling.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I should be more specific, I need these with XP or VISTA We have already got intel imacs
    Boot Camp?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Sorry, can't resist the answer...

...Apple iMac!

Terry
    It's called boot camp. There are other options ie parralels or fusion. But boot camp would probably be the better option.

beat me to it crc-ict

Thank Post

try stone

i would try stone computers, as they tend to use intel motherboards, now whilst they are nothing exciting, unless you 'up the spec', i have always found intel 'dull and dependable', we have mostly stone pc's here and no major problems in past 4 years.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict View Post
    Boot Camp?
    I was about to suggest the same! Still the original iMac suggestion was made with tongue firmly in cheek!

In all seriousness. The HP's I've seen look a bit on the balky side. The Sony Vaio's look nice, if not a little plastic.

One solution is a HP or DELL 'Ultra Small Form Factor' unit (same size as the ThinClient's) that can be screwed/glued to the back of a regular TFT!

Personally - I'd go for iMac/BootCamp then delete windows while no one is looking

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    This was recently discussed here. I can highly reccomend the Dell Optiples 755 USFF with AIO 17" TFT.

Recently purchased some with XP Pro / Core 2 Duo / 1Gb RAM / 160Gb HDD / DVD/CDRW / 3Y NBD Warranty / 17" AIO Ultrasharp Monitor for £430.00
    We've also ordered the 755 USFF, we tried the larger GX520's with the AIO and it was a pretty awful solution, quickly ditched that plan. The 755 USFF is much more suitable for piggybacking onto an AIO monitor.

If money were no object the iMac (i know, very predicatable) or the Vaio which is very elegant if a little overpriced.

I've seen an HP AIO solution similar to the dell 755 option that looked to be pretty neat.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast