Site Maintenance this evening The site will be offline for hosting changes. Time TBC

+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Alcatel Speedtouch 330 in Technical; Does anyone know the answer to thsi question I've been posed? I am running Windows Vista and have an Alcatel ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,164 Times in 989 Posts
    Blog Entries

Alcatel Speedtouch 330

Does anyone know the answer to thsi question I've been posed?

I am running Windows Vista and have an Alcatel Speedtouch 330 broadband modem. On at least 50% of the times that I rouse the computer out of Sleep mode, the modem fails to wake up ready for use and I have to reboot to get it to work. Have you any idea what could be causing this?
    As far as I can find out they are a cheap as chips USB modem given away free with broadband packages and they shouldn't expect miricles. Does anyone here have one?

Thank Post
    They certainly are. The Speedtouch 330 is about as give-away as you can get.

Unless you can get hold of proper Vista drivers, the next best thing to avoid a reboot is to remove the modem from the Device Manager in system properties. Then search for new hardware to get Windows to detect it again.

Thank Post
    I'd suggest looking at the Vista specific drivers available here as a starting point.

Perhaps it could be to do with power saving mode in the device management side?

Thank Post
    All advice I've read suggests you should never use any ADSL USB modem with Vista as many of it's features aren't deisgned with using a modem in mind. That plus most DSL modem drivers are ancient and designed for use with windows XP. Buying a cheap-ish DSL Router would be a much better option than trying to troubleshoot modem issues IMO.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread