+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Audio but no Video in Technical; It had been a while so I decided to do a format. I reformatted and reinstalled all my applications back ...
    Thank Post

Audio but no Video

It had been a while so I decided to do a format. I reformatted and reinstalled all my applications back to the state I had before the format, however, since the format, all my videos no longer play properly. I can hear audio, but get a black screen. The same goes for my TV Tuner. It comes with its own software. But again, audio but no picture. I tried watching Divx videos on Stage6 - same problem! I've got the K-lite Mega Codec Pack installed and I am sure I have the same level of codecs as before the format.

However, here is where the problem gets weird. If I turn off Hardware Accelaration or if I go to dxdiag and turn off the Direct Draw then the videos work, but they are quite clearly "fuzzy" rough edges and movement lines.

If I update my GPU to the latest drivers, then it goes all haywire. So I am currently using nvidia forceware release 94.24. Is it my graphics card that is causing the issue? Why would a format cause the issue?

Thank Post
    Fixed! You won't believe how silly a fix it was, it didn't like the fact that I was using both the VGA and DVI inputs. The minute I disconnected the VGA, it burst into life! It's silly! There must be a way to get it working, for example if I was using a Dual Monitor setup. I'd want it to work, but I'm not for now so I'll leave it at that.

Thank Post

Bloody Codecs

I keep encountering this problem and it is down to codecs and encryption and copyright etc. Apparently there is an encryption standard that is sometimes used on DVD's that you cannot get from the free packs like K-lite, cole2 etc (though I did find one pack that worked but can't bloody remember what the hell it was ) The quick fix for this is to install a 'proper' DVD player such as Power DVD that you get bundled with a DVD drive. This installs the proper decryption software that comes with your normal home DVD player. If you install a 30 day demo of something like power DVD it should install the appropriate codecs but they still work with media player etc after the program times out

Tis a bit of a git but everybody expects to play DVDs on their computer as it has a DVD drive, but windows don't bloody do it by default.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread