+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Homeplugs and Freeview PVR for £30! in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Homeplugs and Freeview PVR for £30!

I saw an offer the other day that seems to have slipped under the radar. If you are a BT Broadband cusotmer, you can new get a BT Vison box for £30, no extras. this is a freeeview PVR, with 80hours capacity, but even better than that is that you get two home plugs thrown in as part of the deal. These are network plugs that use the circuitry of your house to create a network, and are worth about £50 on their own.

This package is worth at least £130, so I thought I should flag it up. Oh, and BT say they advise only using a homehub with it, but other sites disagree and say that virtually every router works with it.

Thank Post
    Nice Power of Ethernet plug supplied hehehehe

Mr Legs Research the Error NE01 that I was getting all the time BT Vision seems to be a bit unstable

Thank Post
    Thanks for flagging that up mrtechsystems. Still worth a punt though..

Thank Post
    Seems I spoke too soon. To sign up, you have to forgoe your existing 12 month contract, and start afresh, which may well wreck any existing contract you enjoy. The cheapest package of £18.95 a month is very steep though!

Thank Post
    I got my BT vision for free. Its' rubbish, especially when you tie it into a BT broadband connection.

I used it with my Netgear ADSL modem/router because the BT Home Hub wasn't up to much. I had to reset it 4 or 5 times a day, especially when using p2p.

As soon as my 18 months is up... its' hasta la (not Microsoft) vista BT!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlegs View Post
    I saw an offer the other day that seems to have slipped under the radar. If you are a BT Broadband cusotmer, you can new get a BT Vison box for £30, no extras. this is a freeeview PVR, with 80hours capacity, but even better than that is that you get two home plugs thrown in as part of the deal. These are network plugs that use the circuitry of your house to create a network, and are worth about £50 on their own.

This package is worth at least £130, so I thought I should flag it up. Oh, and BT say they advise only using a homehub with it, but other sites disagree and say that virtually every router works with it.
    Even if they were giving the box away for free I still wouldn't sign up to BT broadband.

Thank Post
    Interesting to hear all this feedback. Thanks for adding comments and resolving my mind. I may still have been tempted if I was at the beginning of a BT Broadband contract (for the homeplugs), but I'm half way through and looking forward to completing my 12 months and save some money!

Thank Post
    Funny enough just been speaking with a mate about these, if you unplug the network cable the whole device won't work, another case of "manufacturer disabled" devices they control - since when should Freeview \ PVR replay need an Internet connection

If you really want a Freeview recorder get this for 60 quid and whack an old IDE hard drive in (must have loads of those lying about spare these days )

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...T=pvr&doy=22m1

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread