+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, Smartboard Alignment in Technical; We get it...it's usually bouncing projectors due to the kids charging about the rooms, boards being nudged out of position, ...
    Thank Post
    We get it...it's usually bouncing projectors due to the kids charging about the rooms, boards being nudged out of position, idiot staff who really PUSH the projector buttons and move the unit, or bad classroom management where kids are allowed to touch the projectors and move them due to loosening mounts.

Never had one go down to the board itself or the software...500 and 600 series.

Thank Post
    I have had it where the wall was not straight and the screws were too tight and bending the board a bit and it kept making it all go strange.

Just an idea.

Richard

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    idiot staff who really PUSH the projector buttons and move the unit
    This is one of the reasons ours are mounted so high - I'm 6 foot and some of them I can only just reach when on tip-toes! The teachers use the remotes instead :-)

Thank Post
    Ours should..but they either lose them or are just too lazy and let the kids do it!

But then, despite REPEATED warnings and threats, a lot of our staff CBA to power them down at end of day/in idle time either...the ones in IT are the only ones I can guarantee are looked after..

Thank Post
    We have a similar problem with our RM Classboards (Interwrite boards) that might be worth investigating to see if it's your root cause. The board comes with two Interwrite software applications, labelled as Interactive Mode and Whiteboard mode in the task tray software (the labels might be different on the board itself). If you use Interactive mode, all works fine but if a teacher accidently loads the Whiteboard mode software instead -which is all too easy to do because the hotkeys on the board are right next to each other - the calibration will be thrown out. This is a known bug and still exists in the latest driver version. PM me if you think this is relevant so I can help you more. There's also an RM TEC article - TEC523779 - which is light on details but describes the basic issue.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Doubt it's the projector moving as we don't have an upstairs, all one level building (no carrying upstairs for me )

never heard about dragging the pen, most of the time it's just a case of stabbing the centre with an index finger usually works fine. Seems odd for two boards to be going wrong, one of which isn't that old (about 1.5 years).

Also 2-3 boards seem obsessed with asking for re-alignment on startup even when it hasn't been asked for, to save me time messing around with startup options etc is there a setting somewhere that makes this happen?

Hmmm so reading the above from SimpleSi it seems that it might be out of my hands, I'll check out some of the related links and in the meantime keep firing those suggestions in, we'll get there in the end!

Cheers,

Gerrard
    this some times happens if the 2 buttons (keyboard and left mouse) are pressed in at the same time before logon as this is a short cut to start the orientation, but if its done at login stage it wont come up untill some one has loged on.

the problem with orientation going out, ive had this a million times at loads of different schools at my old job it was mainly with the old 500 series ones, in thre end i put it down to the boards membrain detieriating over time, lets be fair they are getting pressed on for 6 hours a day 5 days a week.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12