+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, OfficeJet VS LaserJet in Technical; Hello everyone, So I'm looking for a new printer for the school office, specifically a HP MFP. I've been told ...

Thank Post

Question OfficeJet VS LaserJet

Hello everyone,

So I'm looking for a new printer for the school office, specifically a HP MFP. I've been told that choosing a LaserJet nowadays is not sensible as the ink altern is way better.

Anyone got any opinions, for similar money the Office Jet is faster, holds more paper and looks prettier.

Thank Post
    Nowadays it's not such a clear distinction and what you should go for will largely depend on the volume of printing you do.

If your volumes are not too high, then it's worth looking at the HP OfficeJet Pro X range (X476dw and X576dw) as they take high yield (9k black, 6k colour) inks. As an alternative the Epson Workforce Pro series (WF-5620dwf, takes 4k yield inks) is worth looking at too.

Thank Post
    It's all about volume... I'd usually suggest a Laserjet as the cost per page is usually lower, but if you need a specific level of quality the office jet is worth looking at.

Another minor thing that colours my opinion, is that when working on the units to clear jams etc, the ink option is way messier than the toner one that can be cleared up with a hoover! It's a small thing, but it's important when you like to own £90 shirts!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaktech View Post
    It's all about volume... I'd usually suggest a Laserjet as the cost per page is usually lower, but if you need a specific level of quality the office jet is worth looking at.

Another minor thing that colours my opinion, is that when working on the units to clear jams etc, the ink option is way messier than the toner one that can be cleared up with a hoover! It's a small thing, but it's important when you like to own £90 shirts!
    The HP OfficeJet Pro X and Epson Workforce Pro models will have a lower running cost than just about any laser (assuming using original cartridges). They don't have as big a duty cycle/recommended monthly volume as a mid-range laser though.

Gaz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian_Cooper_Printware View Post
    The HP OfficeJet Pro X and Epson Workforce Pro models will have a lower running cost than just about any laser (assuming using original cartridges). They don't have as big a duty cycle/recommended monthly volume as a mid-range laser though.
    Yeah but its not far behind. If you put the HP P3015 against the HP Officejet Pro X 551dw its only 20,000 pages less on the duty cycle
    551dw - Up to 80,000 pages
    P3015 - Up to 100000 pages
    M551dn - Up to 75000 pages

We are planning to use some of these instead of lasers in our new building because they are suitable for our needs.

Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread