+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Acer Travelmate 2410 in Technical; Hi all, I've spent a bit of time trying to fix my brothers Acer Travelmate 2410 laptop but with no ...

Thank Post

Acer Travelmate 2410

Hi all,

I've spent a bit of time trying to fix my brothers Acer Travelmate 2410 laptop but with no luck... basically he dropped it with the power cable connected which broke off the power connector from the motherboard.

I replaced the mainboard after finding a cheap spare on Ebay... now I've discovered that when certain pressure is applied (such as even putting the top cover on above the keyboard) the display disappears - I thought the cables were broken (I haven't had a chance to check external display yet) so took the display plastic surround off - when powering back up it was somewhat evident why this was occurring - it sparked!

Now I have a dark tint to the LCD display - is it likely that the LCD cables, the inverter and now the LCD display have blown? Everything else appears to be working ok.

Has anyone a spare inverter / ribbon cables for the 2410?

Cheers for any help,

Steven

Thank Post

Re: Acer Travelmate 2410

OMG, that's why I hate laptops.

Thank Post

I could always find a cheapish TFT monitor for his room & use the laptop as a base unit I guess.

I've had the laptop in pieces more times than I care to imagine recently - including buying a service manual for the range.

Thank Post

Unfortunately, the display connections on these Acers seems to be really bad. I've lost count of the number of Acers that have had display problems across my various schools. I've actually started recommending people to steer well clear of Acer now - they build quality seems to have dropped of late.

I'm always quite shocked how flimsy a lot of the parts of them actually are when I have them to pieces - it's a wonder they survive careful manoeuvering, let alone the battering many laptops take!

I have 'decapitated' an Acer in the past (and boy was that satisfying! :twisted: ) which had a broken screen, and that has been working fine as a deskbound machine with a separate monitor for quite a while.

Might be a way to avoid a total loss...

Thank Post

I tend to stay away from anything ACER, their kit has appauling build quality/QA. Get rid if you can.

Thank Post

Thanks for the replies everyone - I will look into getting an external monitor for him then - at least the power button connection is fixed

I have had to reseat the display cable for a few Dell Inspirons & various other repairs in my school & I agree the build quality of the Acer laptops in comparison to these are poor.

Thank Post
    Well i am currently trying to fix my sisters laptop of this type and i was wonderinghow the heck you get into it? i took out all the screws but its not coming away. (same thing happened as said above, sister dropped it with power thing still in and the bit broke and went inside)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @SwanseaCity - have a look at the service manual for it which should give you some clues, possible download locations here:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Acer - TravelMate 2410 Service Manual on Windows Drivers Downloads

Thank Post
    Funny just reading this post then looked at the laptop I am using Travelmate 2410 at the moment got to agree the build quality is not good at all just had to replace the keyboard at the moment

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    @SwanseaCity - have a look at the service manual for it which should give you some clues, possible download locations here:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    Acer - TravelMate 2410 Service Manual on Windows Drivers Downloads
    Thanks, i had a look at that and it says about opening the middle bit under the screen to get off the keyboard, anybody know how to do that as i cannot figure it out at the moment.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread