+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Odd problem with Xerox 7220 printing... in Technical; Have just cabled in and setup a Xerox Workcentre 7220. Installed the driver on all of the machines in the ...

Thank Post

Question Odd problem with Xerox 7220 printing...

Have just cabled in and setup a Xerox Workcentre 7220. Installed the driver on all of the machines in the school. These machines are a mix of Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. All but 5 Windows XP machines have installed and can print but 5 XP machines just will not print. They can see the printer, pull info from it. I can ping, web access it but no matter what I do it will not print and doesn't even try. Tried removing the printer from Print Server, removing and re-adding the port - still no good. Tried the Kyocera printer driver cleanup util which took everything out, did the reboot, clean install and still the same.

The only thing that these machine don't have in common with the rest of the estate is that I put the driver on in readiness for my work today a couple of weeks ago. The rest of the machines I installed today without issue.

I am well and truly stumped. There's not even any entry in Eventviewer...

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    A bit more info - I can print to other printers on the same machines without issue. If I change the driver to one of the other built-in drivers for a Xerox, I xcan see the job arriving at the Xerox but it error with various mismatch or resources not available errors but at least it proves it gets there. If I go back to the correct driver however, the PC and the other 4 like it, don't even attempt to print just erroring straight away instead.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread