+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Looking for a good but reasonably priced wireless printer in Technical; I'm looking for a wireless colour printer for home use. Can anyone offera a recommendation and a pointer to good ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Looking for a good but reasonably priced wireless printer

I'm looking for a wireless colour printer for home use. Can anyone offera a recommendation and a pointer to good deals at present please? I don't want a multifunction.

Thank Post

Re: Looking for a good but reasonably priced wireless printe

Do you have any particular budget or use in mind that could provide some more clues?

eg:
    - Laser, inkjet?
    - Large or small number of prints required?
    - Waterproof?
    - General document printing, some photos or lots of photos, pictures, etc...?

Oh and an idea of how much usage would be good too

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Looking for a good but reasonably priced wireless printer

Thanks for your reply to my printer query Contink. I already have a mono laser set up that serves for the donkey work at home. We have an HP all in one that is limited to USB connection as is a Canon Inkjet for photos.

The change that's happened recently is my teen age daughter now has a notebook so the new printer would initially be for her to print colour homework documents to without the need to connect the wired printer up. So what I'm now after is a good reliable wireless capable printer not costing a shed load to purchase or run!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky
    Thanks for your reply to my printer query Contink. I already have a mono laser set up that serves for the donkey work at home. We have an HP all in one that is limited to USB connection as is a Canon Inkjet for photos.
    Hmm... Perhaps given that you already have sufficient printers for most stuff the better idea would be to get a wireless USB hub and share your existing printers that way.

If so then the Silex 2000WG would probably suit (it's Canon compatible too) although you're looking at a £100+ pricetag.

The change that's happened recently is my teen age daughter now has a notebook so the new printer would initially be for her to print colour homework documents to without the need to connect the wired printer up. So what I'm now after is a good reliable wireless capable printer not costing a shed load to purchase or run!
    Failing the above you could try locating a Canon iP5200R but you'd need to look for that on Ebay. Beyond that the problem is that a standard wireless printer is unlikely to be available for anything that isn't higher end or MFD and expensive.

Personally I'd go with the wireless USB hub and consolidate your existing resources that way. If nought else it'd be more useful for everyone rather than a single use style thing.

Hope that helps.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

This will sort of be a bit of a tongue in cheek suggestion to say I normally slag them off and avoid them, but I have heard good feedback from home users about the Lexmark printers with built in wifi printing, maybe worth a look?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by john
    This will sort of be a bit of a tongue in cheek suggestion to say I normally slag them off and avoid them, but I have heard good feedback from home users about the Lexmark printers with built in wifi printing, maybe worth a look?
    My honest opinion... spend the money on a hub... forget lexmark, as printers they are a pile of proverbial ****

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all the excellent advice folks. This Forum really is the business. I am going the hub route and found what seems to be a pretty good offering at http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...ELAID=88170968

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky
    Thanks for all the excellent advice folks. This Forum really is the business. I am going the hub route and found what seems to be a pretty good offering at http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...ELAID=88170968
    Oooh, now that's interesting.. I wasn't aware Belkin were doing those now. To date I'd only seen Silex and Keyspan units.. Thanks for sharing that liddle link

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread