+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, What SFF things are you running Xibo on these days? in Technical; The last time round we bought some industrial cases and put atom boards in them. This worked well (apart from ...

Thank Post

What SFF things are you running Xibo on these days?

The last time round we bought some industrial cases and put atom boards in them. This worked well (apart from a couple of driver issues initially). It looks like we may be expanding our fleet, so I'm after some ideas.

My thoughts so far:

1) Buy a second-hand but working stupidly-small-form-factor something-or-other because it'll already have a windows license and be dirt cheap.

2) Buy something like a low-end nuc and (if the Xibo Linux client is still terrible) purchase a Windows license for it.

3) Wrestle yet again with trying to make it work reliably on a RaspberryPi or similar board.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    The last time round we bought some industrial cases and put atom boards in them. This worked well (apart from a couple of driver issues initially). It looks like we may be expanding our fleet, so I'm after some ideas.

My thoughts so far:

1) Buy a second-hand but working stupidly-small-form-factor something-or-other because it'll already have a windows license and be dirt cheap.

2) Buy something like a low-end nuc and (if the Xibo Linux client is still terrible) purchase a Windows license for it.

3) Wrestle yet again with trying to make it work reliably on a RaspberryPi or similar board.
    After a lot of tinkering and looking on forums I have risevision working perfectly on some raspberry pi's around the school, not sure about Xibo though!

Thank Post
    AMD Kabini powered boards look to be perfect for this, and will be what I move to. Enough CPU and graphics power for the job, but small, cheap and efficient. Should swap into your existing cases.

Thank Post
    Using a nuc on one display, one with two HDMI (celeron) using windows 8 so I can feed two screens with it, others are old acer revos. I'd like to try the android client on something like a cubox-i someday (The CuBox i From SolidRun | The Little Computer that can) only problem is the android client is 15 quid

Thank Post
    We are running new screens using Android devices - JUSTOP K10A and the Android client. Cheap enough, low power and does the job.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread