+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hardware Thread, New printer thoughts in Technical; We went for the Officejet Pro X551dw and it should arrive later today. I'll post back when its setup and ...
    Gaz

Thank Post
    We went for the Officejet Pro X551dw and it should arrive later today. I'll post back when its setup and tested.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    We went for the Officejet Pro X551dw and it should arrive later today. I'll post back when its setup and tested.
    I need a new printer for my Head's office, was literally just looking at that.

I haven't bought a printer before, for the teachers we have leased ones that been here since before my time. Been looking around various resellers and there seems to be a lot of variation in price for printers that seem to do pretty much the same thing. Aside from speed, cost per page, what else should I be on the look out for? Does Printer Driver/Language matter (have seen some with only PCL 3!)?

This printer is only going to be used by the Head, so shouldn't be doing massive runs or in continuous use.

Have looked at Canon i-SENSYS MF8540Cdn, MF8280Cw and MF8230Cn , HP Officejet Pro 8600 and X551dw, and even <100 options.

Gaz

Thank Post
    I have experienced some strange problems with printer driver language versions when printing from Office documents. PCL5c would work fine where PCL6 would error out and it appears to be due to some images on the page. You can normally install multiple versions of drivers but its probably not best practice.

HP are doing some cashback offers at the minute and also a try before you buy with certain retailers.

Gaz

Thank Post
    Well its setup and after some initial problems which were my fault its working and its very fast and the quality on general office mode is very good. We got it for 298.80 inc VAT from Viking Direct its now gone up to its full price but you can still claim 100 cash back.

5. Thanks to Gaz from:

Phildw (8th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Well its setup and after some initial problems which were my fault its working and its very fast and the quality on general office mode is very good. We got it for 298.80 inc VAT from Viking Direct its now gone up to its full price but you can still claim 100 cash back.
    Hello Gaz,

I was just wondering how you are getting on with the HP printer ... am looking at perhaps purchasing one so if you have any words of wisdom, they would be much appreciated!! How much are the replacement cartridges?

Thanks!

Gaz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
    Hello Gaz,

I was just wondering how you are getting on with the HP printer ... am looking at perhaps purchasing one so if you have any words of wisdom, they would be much appreciated!! How much are the replacement cartridges?

Thanks!
    Well we are very happy with it, but in hindsight we should have got the Multi Function version, Currently its got 4000 pages on it and the colour inks are still on their starter ink's only the black has been changed.
    We use Professional mode as standard which is around 40ppm but if you are in a rush the 70ppm general office mode is pretty fun to watch and still very good quality. We get our inks from Viking-Direct.
    Black Hi Cap is 84.59 inc VAT
    Colour Hi Caps are 83.39 inc VAT
    Lower Capacities are about 55

Thank Post
    what model printer did you go for?

Gaz

Thank Post
    We got the X551dw

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12