+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hardware Thread, Problem with HP2600n Laserjet + Print Server Spooler in Technical; Just had exactly the same problem, I found this thread useful and also this site here.... I will test tomorrow ...
    Thank Post
    Just had exactly the same problem, I found this thread useful and also this site here....

I will test tomorrow and let you know if I still get a problem...

http://community.tigranetworks.co.uk...-wouldn-t.aspx

Thank Post
    We have about 8 HP2600N running on the print server on a standard tcp/ip port, the hp port where causing us problems similar to those mentioned above, we also use static ipís.
    However the HP2600N donít like printing from Sims, nova-t over the network, but are ok from Sims if installed locally. So we donít us them on the admin network.

Also this may be handy works a treat,

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServ...grator3.1.mspx

Great Backup tool :-)
    Last edited by Mike-j; 22nd March 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-j View Post
    However the HP2600N donít like printing from Sims, nova-t over the network, but are ok from Sims if installed locally. So we donít us them on the admin network.

That's the exact same problem we had. We got a new admin server and assigned all the printers through network on the server rather than locally, and found our 1 2600n used by the admin network just wouldn't print from SIMS unless it was locally attached. I still wouldn't recommend the 2600n for large usage though - spend the extra on a better printer and get consumables which last longer, as it'll save money in the long term.

Thank Post
    We had the same problem, we just removed the printer from the server and the affected machine and reinstalled them both. No problems at all now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sahmeepee View Post
    If your problem is the same as ours I suspect the fix is to use a standard tcp/ip port instead of an hp one, but haven't got round to testing the theory yet.
    Yep. We had this with some 2600s and 3600s. Changing the ports to standard tcp/ip type fixed it and we've had no further issues.

Thank Post
    We got a new admin server and assigned all the printers through network on the server rather than locally, and found our 1 2600n used by the admin network just wouldn't print from SIMS unless it was locally attached.
    Just abit confused by the your language (and worried because I've just installed a HP2600N on a peer-peer admin network.

Are you saying if you direct each computer on the admin network to print to the printer via a local TCP/IP port on each computer themselves then SIMS printing is OK?

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    For some reason, it wont print if being fed through the network port (whether that be network compatibility issues, or the spool being remote I have no idea). Locally meaning through the USB interface.
    The guy from county who set up our server up last month struggled to figure out why this was, and only managed to get it working locally. Now, I am not saying this is the ONLY way to get it working - maybe if some research took place and trial and error it would have done, but that we couldn't get it working when using the network interface.

8. Thanks to dgsmith from:

SimpleSi (23rd March 2008)

Thank Post

no print

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/...readId=1032468

floating point error, this has something to do with the drivers HP are aware of this, put as yet no solution. So hp2600n on print server wont print from sim. put are ok if installed locally.

Thank Post

Thumbs up

Hi Guys...

I'm new to this forum, but I'm an experienced engineer so hopefully I can help out

I'm so relieved that other people are having the same problem with the HP2600n and Server 2003. I can't wait to try the solution offered here.
    It was so frustrating at one school, that I ended up installing a local printer on every bloody PC - not recommended.

I'd just like to add that I support a number of schools that have the HP2600n/Server2003 combination, and EVERY time I've had this problem the server is running SP2?

Thanks again - fingers crossed that disabling Bi-Directional works.

Lee.

Thank Post
    I still have a gut feeling that the English language is letting us down on this thread - especially the word "local" when talking about installs

I've got a school with 4 computers on an admin network with no server and two HP2600Ns connected to the network via ethernet. One computer holds the SIMS database.

I used the standard install CD on each computer to set them up to print to each printer via TCP/IP.

The school have not reported any problems apart from the day the printers lost their IP settings (both did at the same time so I assume a mains dip of some sort).

(I've had all sorts of problems with HP2600Ns via servers but not any if I just use the install CD directly on a computers -apart from IP walkabout )

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Agreed Simon - the CD install will work a treat, but it's not practical to visit 50 or more PC's with the cd. The 2600n installed on the server and a simple batch file to install at logon SHOULD work.

If the printer is being used by just a few users then the CD wizard (local printer) option is the best.

Thank Post
    Excellent!!!

Disabling the Bi-Directional on the shared HP2600n does indeed work

Thank Post

Simple suggestion

I had the same problem and tried unchecking those options without success. What did work for my case was to change the port. Since its on DHCP the IP changed to another. I don't know if this was mentioned before but thought it couldn't hurt.

Thank Post
    What did work for my case was to change the port. Since its on DHCP the IP changed to another.
    Could you explain a bit more what you did?

regards
    Simon

Thank Post
    Under the printer properties for the HP2600n I went to the ports tab. I selected the port that was been used and pressed Configure Port. Since the ip is assigned by DHCP I saw that the ip address on the printer was diffrent than it said for that port. So I put its current IP, pressed ok, and it started to function.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast