+ Post New Thread
Hardware Thread, Where do HP keep their print driver archive? in Technical; Haven't really had much luck with HP's universal print drivers of late and our best bet is using the older ...
    Thank Post

Where do HP keep their print driver archive?

Haven't really had much luck with HP's universal print drivers of late and our best bet is using the older versions. However, we need to 64bit support and thus the 64bit driver needs to be the same as the 32bit one installed (and taking the latest drivers always seems to break stuff.. even the universal ones from 2yrs aren't this bad).

Do HP keep a large archive of their printer drivers somewhere, as the website only ever gives the latest "universal" one?

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 903 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Which HP printer do you have there?

If I were looking for an alternative driver I would perform a web search including the make [HP] and model of the printer.

Thank Post
    HP p3015.. we use the hold job functionality in the driver so staff need to confirm jobs on the printer before printing.

For some reason on later universal drivers, this doesn't work properly (or at all), or just spits out rubbish.. or doesn't log username (basically any number of issues). The driver in use currently is from about 18 months ago so I imagine a universal driver from around that time is fine.. but it's finding an archive of them which I really want. Googling printer drivers, surprisingly, isn't as fruitful as one may think.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Support Center Home and search for universal print driver brings up all sorts of results, no idea if you'd find the version your after though...

Thank Post
    Didn't have much luck there unfortunately! Even if I could find where the standard model-specific drivers are I may be able to work with that but again hitting a blank there. Just seems HP only offer you the latest universal driver for all printers with absolutely no alternative drivers at all (no archive anywhere that I can see)!

Thank Post
    Gonna take you a long time if you don't know what you're after but ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/

Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    Gonna take you a long time if you don't know what you're after but ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/

Steve
    Think i'd rather individually count a million grains of sand than search through that archive I admit to finding the location where the current latest universal drivers are here, alas it gives absolutely no help as to where older versions are, though it seems evident how HP have set up their folder structures.. complete nonsense it would seem!

Wondering if it's possible to do a search on an FTP location such as this one?
    Last edited by dgsmith; 22nd April 2014 at 11:13 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    Think i'd rather individually count a million grains of sand than search through that archive I admit to finding the location where the current latest universal drivers are here, alas it gives absolutely no help as to where older versions are, though it seems evident how HP have set up their folder structures.. complete nonsense it would seem!

Wondering if it's possible to do a search on an FTP location such as this one?
    lol, aye did think you might regret asking But that's their archive lol.

Stupid thing is unless there's some internal codes etc, it doesn't even seem to use model number etc in the paths within softlib. Bit of a hit and miss unless you have a code from the latest drivers?

Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread